The Light Craft Workshop 77mm Rapid Variable ND Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing an exposure reduction of approximately 2 to 10 stops. The 0.6 to 3.0 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, allowing you to previsualize the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is also visually demarcated with dots that represent different density values.
A Guardian Multi Coating (GMC) has been applied to the filter substrate and blends both an anti-reflective coating as well as a protective coating to help maintain consistent light transmission and reduce reflections while also protecting the surface of the filter from water droplets and scratching. The thin-profile filter ring helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting when used on wide-angle lenses, yet still incorporates front threads for mounting of additional filters or a lens cap. The ring features a Rapid Deploying Ring (RDR) design, which increases the amount of friction available when gripping the ring for easier removal and installation. Additionally, the All Terrain Structure (ATS) design also incorporated into the filter ring enhances the filter's overall durability and resistance to water, dust, and the influence of humidity or temperature changes.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 0.6 to 3.0 ND filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 2 to 10 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Guardian Multi Coating helps to reduce flare and surface reflections while also contributing to resistance towards water and scratching on the filter surface.
- Thin profile filter ring helps to lessen the likelihood of vignetting when used on wide-angle lenses.
- Rapid Deploying Ring design increases the amount of friction available when handling the ring for easier removal and installation.
- All Terrain Structure maintains sound durability as well as resistance to water, dust, and the influence of humidity or temperature changes.