Behringer, as a company, manufactures a wide variety of Audio products characterized by a feature-rich design set, cleverly engineered incorporation of existing technologies, and surprising affordability. The TRUTH B2031A speakers, a pair of Bi-Amplified 2-way studio monitors representing Behringer's foray into that very competitive market, are a logical outgrowth of this design philosophy.
The 1" tweeter and 8.75" woofer are housed in a sturdy, purportedly vibration-resistant cabinet, and powered by a 75 and 150 Watt amplifier, respectively. The input connectors are Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS, and the magnetic speaker shielding we've come to expect has been provided.
The documentation for the TRUTH B2031A speakers emphasizes their inherent linearity of frequency response and the neutrality of the playback experience, meant to decrease listener fatigue and increase the area of the elusive "Sweet Spot". However, if the neutral listening experience is not for you, or if the sound of your control room is less than desirable, Behringer has generously included a cockpit's worth of rear-panel frequency control switches enabling the user to tune the speakers to the environment or simply to taste.
- Input Level Control Knob
- Enables independent monitoring level control directly from speaker
- Magnetically Shielded
- For use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Overload Protection
- Separate, Integrated 2-Band Limiting Circuits Provided
- MDF Enclosure
- Sturdy, durable and Ported Low-Vibration Speaker Cabinets
- Customized Playback
- Extensive Control of Speaker Response to Room Acoustics through Rear Panel Switch selection
- High Headroom
- High SPL, Well-Matched Amplification
- Linear Response
- Wave Guide Dispersion Technology for optimized Phasing decreases Listening Fatigue, Increases "Sweet Spot" Area
- Switchable universal power supply
- Speakers delivered from factory as matched pairs