The KAOSSILATOR is an ultra-portable, pocket sized instrument that features Korg's world renowned synthesizer sound, along with innovative performance features. These include a touch-pad interface borrowed from the KAOSS PAD series, and one-hundred programs that can produce instant musical phrases by simply tapping or sliding a finger across the touch pad.
The instrument liberates non-keyboard players by providing a convenient way to create loops and phrases, while allowing untrained musical enthusiasts to enjoy an entirely new level of musical involvement and expression. Different scales can be selected and the phrases and sounds processed by the internal effects. Since the unit can operate on batteries, musical inspiration can be captured whenever it strikes, irrespective of location.
A special feature of the KAOSSILATOR is its ability to do loop recording. A phrase can be recorded with a specified number of beats (maximum eight beats or two measures), and played back endlessly. Once a phrase is captured, another sound can be chosen and recorded over the first. This can go on indefinitely, allowing the user to create ever more complex phrases. These in turn can be recorded to a DAW for further music creation.
- Touch-pad based phrase synthesizer
- One-hundred sound programs that combine Korg's modeling synthesizer engine with the effects from the KAOSS PAD series
- Two-octave note/pitch range accessed via the horizontal axis
- Vertical axis is assigned to parameters such as cutoff, feedback, or modulation depth
- Scale function that makes it simple to produce accurate pitches that match any musical context
- Gate Arpeggiator allows the user to produce specific patterns of notes in sync with the user specified tempo
- Loop Recording allows for recording a phrase with a specified number of beats (8 beats = 2 measures maximum)
- Loops can be stacked endlessly one on top of another
- Headphone output can be used to transfer loops into a DAW for further processing or to build more complex pieces