The Axiom Pro 61 from M-Audio is an extremely powerful USB MIDI controller that features 61 semi-weighted keys, a useful set of trigger pads & controls, and custom software called "HyperControl" that runs within the device itself that automatically maps its hardware controls to Pro Tools and other popular DAW programs. The idea behind the Axiom Pro is to get the user away from their computer keyboard and mouse, and to keep their focus on the creative act of making music. The HyperControl software plays a huge part in allowing the user to constantly follow their inspiration-- rather than constantly click through menus with a mouse. HyperControl seamlessly syncs the Axiom Pro's knobs, pads, display, and controls with DAW software and plug-ins running on your computer. You use buttons on the Axiom Pro to navigate to different virtual instruments and screens in your audio software. The graphic LCD display on the Axiom Pro will follow along as you work with your DAW, updating any necessary information about the current task being carrying out.
The Axiom Pro is the next generation of the popular Axiom series of keyboard controllers from M-Audio. In an effort to outdo themselves once again, the designers paid great attention to the playability of the keys. After all, one of the most important aspects of a MIDI keyboard controller is its ability to perform as an emotive musical instrument. The result of this effort is the Axiom Pro's piano-style "TruTouch" semi-weighted keys. Featuring a professional playing action designed to satisfy the most seasoned of musicians, even beginners will appreciate this keyboard's ability to translate the emotional subtleties of a simple melody.
When recording studios quickly transitioned from traditional hardware to being almost entirely computer based, it wasn't long before users longed for tactile, hands-on control. Dedicated MIDI control surfaces soon appeared on the market to fill in this gap. The Axiom Pro gives you all of the hands-on control you need for your studio, with a first class piano-style keyboard built-in. The eight velocity-sensitive pads are perfect for sequencing beats, or for firing off samples and keystrokes. The transport buttons and function keys combined with the powerful HyperControl software make the Axiom Pro the ultimate all-in-one keyboard controller for Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Live, Reason, and Cubase.
- Internal HyperControl Software for Ultimate DAW Integration
- Expressive 61 Key TruTouch Keyboard with Assignable Aftertouch
- USB Bus-Powered
- 8 Velocity-Sensitive Trigger Pads
- 8 Rotary Encoders Send Out Many Kinds of MIDI Commands
- Dedicated DAW Transport Control with 6 Illuminated Buttons
- Ergonomic & Responsive Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels
- Multiple Function Buttons for Accessing Menu Pages and Various Other Features of the Axiom Pro
- Octave Shift Buttons for Data -/+ or User Defined Commands
- Map QWERTY Keystrokes to Buttons for Copy, Paste, New Track, and More!
- 9 x 40 mm Faders with Auto-Mute to Prevent Jumping and the Ability to Scroll to Every Track in a Session
- 9 x Illuminated Buttons Underneath the Faders that Toggle Between 4 Functions