The nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB PCIe Liquid Cooled Display Card from PNY is a powerful 3D display card for use with Windows computer systems. It boasts up to 30% cooler temperatures and 10% faster speeds than the reference designed GTX 580 card and is also up to 30% quieter than the original GTX 580. The card installs in an available PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot. It requires an empty adjacent slot to accommodate its double-width form factor, which is the same as that on the standard GTX 580, for easy installation in a wide variety of popular cases.
The card supports a number of advanced graphics technologies. It can handle games and applications that are written using the DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1 libraries with equal ease. It can be used with an optional nVIDIA 3D Vision kit to add true 3D support to your computing experience. If your system can support two of these cards you can take advantage of SLI technology, which effectively doubles 3D graphics performance by spreading the rendering workload across two GPUs.
The card's GPU also offers support for nVIDIA CUDA and PhysX technologies. CUDA allows compatible applications to leverage the card's powerful processor to aid in computations, which translates into a significant speed boost. The PhysX engine is used by games to simulate real-world physics. As this is handled by the GPU, it allows the computer's CPU to work on other aspects of gameplay -- which translates into smoother gameplay at higher resolution!
This PNY reference designed video card boasts a radiator fan that cools liquid coming from the card, as well as liquid cooling pipes that transfer the cooled liquid back to the card and others that transfer heat away from the card. The standard size 120 mm (4.7") radiator fits in a wide variety of popular cases. Experience your games like never before with extreme performance and high frame rate--without the heat!
- Microsoft DirectX 11 Support
- DirectX 11 GPU with Shader Model 5.0 support is designed for ultra-high performance, especially in the API's key graphics feature -- GPU-accelerated tessellation. OpenCL (Computing Language) and OpenGL (Graphics Library) 4.1 support is also provided.
- nVIDIA 3D Vision Ready
- Support for nVIDIA 3D Vision brings a fully immersive stereoscopic 3D experience to your PC. The 3D Vision kit is a combination of high-tech wireless glasses and advanced software that work together to transform hundreds of PC games into full stereoscopic 3D. In addition, you can watch 3D movies and view 3D digital photographs in eye popping, crystal-clear quality. Requires NVIDIA 3D Vision glasses and a 3D Vision-Ready display.
- nVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready
- The power of nVIDIA 3D Vision and SLI technologies lets you expand your games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D, for the ultimate experience that will make you feel like you're in the game. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-stereo displays. Requires two or more graphics cards in NVIDIA SLI configuration, 3D Vision glasses and 3D Vision-Ready displays.
- nVIDIA CUDA Technology
- CUDA technology unlocks the power of the GPU's processor cores to accelerate the most demanding tasks, including video transcoding, physics simulation, ray tracing, and more, delivering outstanding performance improvements over traditional CPUs.
- nVIDIA PhysX Technology
- Full support for nVIDIA PhysX technology allows for a totally new class of physical gaming interaction, for a more dynamic and realistic experience.
- nVIDIA SLI Technology
- Industry-leading nVIDIA SLI Technology offers incredible performance scaling for the world's premier gaming solution. Requires GeForce GTX 580 GPU paired with another GeForce GTX 580 GPU with the same frame bugger size. Requires sufficient system cooling and a compatible power supply.
- 32x Anti-Aliasing Technology
- Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 32x sample rates eliminates jagged edges.
- nVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology
- High-definition video decoding acceleration and post-processing combine to deliver unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and videos. Support video software is required to experience certain features.
- HDMI Output
- HDMI output allows you to send HD video and audio signals to an HDTV via a single cable.
- Dual-Link DVI Support
- The card is able to drive some of the industry's largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays. It supports up to 2560 x 1600 pixels via Dual-Link DVI, complete with support for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). Playback of HDCP-protected content requires other HDCP-compatible components.
- PCI Express 2.0 Support
- Designed for the PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture, which offers the highest data transfer speeds for the most bandwidth-hungry 3D applications -- all while maintaining backwards compatibility with existing PCI Express motherboards.
- Liquid Cooling Technology
- Radiator fan cools liquid coming from the card, 1 set of liquid cooling pipes transfer cooled liquid back to card and other set transfers heat away from card - standard size 120 mm (4.7") radiator fits in a wide variety of popular cases.