The Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8 Lens (Sony E-Mount) is a normal length prime lens designed specifically for use on APS-C-sized image sensors, and as such provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 48mm. This lens is compatible with Sony E mirrorless cameras and supports all camera functions, including autofocus and exposure control.
The Planar design of this lens is a highly successful optical construction that inherently corrects for most aberrations and distortion while offering high overall sharpness and image clarity. Additionally, Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to all lens surfaces to reduce reflections, lens flare, and ghosting to produce imagery with high contrast and color fidelity.
The physical construction of the lens features a metal lens barrel with rubberized control rings for high precision when working with manual focus. When working in autofocus modes, the focusing system of the lens offers smooth and reliable performance with high precision and control. A rigid metal bayonet mount ensures accurate alignment and a nearly circular nine-blade aperture works to produce an aesthetic out-of-focus highlight quality.
- Supports Phase-Detection and Fast Hybrid AF
- This lens has been updated with Version 02 firmware and supports the use of phase-detection AF and Fast Hybrid autofocus systems on Sony E-mount cameras.
- Sony E Compatibility
- Designed for use on Sony E-mount APS-C mirrorless cameras and provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 48mm. The lens offers complete compatibility with all camera functions, including accurate autofocus and exposure control. It features a wide f/1.8 maximum aperture that aids in low-light shooting as well as greater control over the focus plane for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications.
- Optical Design
- This lens features a Planar optical design that works to eliminate a variety of aberrations and distortions in order to produce an image with high clarity and sharpness. A Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize surface reflections in order to improve light transmission and provide greater image contrast and color fidelity.
- Physical Design
- The lens features a rigid, durable, yet lightweight, metal barrel with rubberized control rings to offer improved handling abilities. A metal bayonet mount aids in consistency and an ensured connection between the camera and lens. Additionally, a nine-blade, nearly circular aperture is used to smoothly render out-of-focus highlights.