The Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens is a mid-range zoom lens that provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-105mm, covering wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives. A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and is especially beneficial when working with greater zoom magnifications in low-light conditions. Also benefitting working in dim light or at the long end of the zoom range is Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which serves to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps.
The optical construction incorporates four aspherical elements to help reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range as well as contribute to a compact overall form-factor. A Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to the lens elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting while providing enhanced contrast, clarity, and color fidelity.
- Mid-range zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-105mm, covering wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture enables greater consistency throughout the zoom range and benefits working in dim conditions with longer focal lengths.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps to benefit shooting handheld in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications.
- Four aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range while also maintaining a compact form-factor.
- Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating enhances contrast, clarity, and color reproduction by countering the effects of lens flare and ghosting.
- Metal lens barrel increases durability and adds a refined aesthetic appearance.