The VMS-1080 from Polsen is a stereo X/Y condenser microphone that delivers professional quality stereo sound to your DSLR camera, video camera, or audio recorder.
The microphone, which can be used indoors or outdoors, provides excellent sound quality and an accurate stereo image, far superior to the internal mics commonly found on DSLR cameras, video cams, and digital recorders. Featuring a matched pair of cardioid condenser capsules arranged in an X-Y pattern, it is ideal for location recording, broadcast applications, and live performances. Compact and lightweight, the VMS-1080 attaches to your camera's shoe mount and plugs directly into your camera or portable recorder's microphone input for crisp, clear stereo audio capture.
Additionally, the VMS-1080 comes with a removable shockmount that isolates the microphone from handling noise and vibrations, and features a mounting foot and locking collar for attaching to a camera's shoe mount. The mounting foot also has a threaded 1/4"-20 socket for attaching to a boompole.
The microphone is also equipped with an adjustable attenuation switch (-10 dB, 0 dB) to prevent distortion from audio overload, and a switchable high-pass filter at 80 Hz to roll off unwanted low-frequency noise. Furthermore, it includes both a foam windscreen and a fur wind-cover for added protection from wind noise and vocal plosives.
- Professional quality recording for DSLR or camcorder
- Matched pair of condenser capsules in XY stereo configuration
- Compact, lightweight design
- Switchable 80Hz high-pass filter
- Adjustable pad (-10 dB, 0 dB)
- On/off switch with power LED
- Runs on two AAA batteries (not included)
- Shock mount and attached shoe mount with threaded ¼"-20 socket
- Includes two layers of protection from wind and vocal plosives: foam windscreen and fur wind-cover
- 3.5 mm stereo connector is compatible with many makes and brands of DSLR cameras, video cameras and audio recorders