The boxed version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 for Mac and Windows is a versatile and intuitive editing and organizing program for managing a complete digital imaging workflow. Beginning with a wide range of photo editing and enhancement capabilities, Elements 12 presents a breadth of unique tools for automatically optimizing the look and feel of select images and retouching unwanted aspects of individual photographs. Content Aware Move and Fill work to intelligently replace backgrounds within images after moving elements or when using the Straighten tool to correct misaligned horizons and the Spot Healing Brush can be used to quickly remove any undesired aspects of a picture. Discolored pet eyes can be quickly corrected for and Auto Smart Tone works to efficiently optimize brightness, contrast, and color based on learned personal preferences. For becoming acquainted with creative editing techniques, 25 Guided Edits are available and walk you through producing professional-quality enhancements to imagery.
The expansive set of editing capabilities are housed within a friendly environment, featuring easy-to-recognize icons and commands for a more seamless working method. Quick, Guided, and Expert modes can be selected depending on the amount of manipulation and control desired during editing and distinct Editor and Organizer interfaces allow for intuitive handling of photos. Mobile device support helps to make files shot with a smartphone or tablet readily available within Elements and, conversely, files housed within Elements albums can be viewed and shared from linked mobile devices. A rich set of tagging controls, based on subject, location, or event, help to streamline navigating immense catalogs of imagery and support direct uploading of content to social media sites, including Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Twitter.
- Friendly and Intuitive Environment
- Extending the legacy of past versions of Photoshop Elements, Elements 12 revolves around a highly intuitive and efficient environment for easy navigation for selecting a host of editing tools, exporting options, and file management solutions. Large, bold icons simplify tool selection and the ability to choose from Quick, Guided, and Expert editing modes enables the appropriate amount of control based on personal needs.
- Seamless Mobile Integration
- Images from within Elements 12 can easily be viewed, shared, and linked with mobile devices and, additionally, images taken with your mobile devices can be sent directly to Elements albums for an even more seamless digital workflow.
- Content Aware Tools
- The Content Aware Move tool can be used to easily move objects from within the image and have the background automatically filled-in in a seamless manner. Additionally you can straighten images and have the missing background automatically filled in using Content Aware Fill for the Straighten tool when working in Expert mode.
- One-Touch Personalized Effects
- A wide variety of one-touch Frames, Effects, and Textures can be applied to images to creatively enhance their final appearance. Calendars, scrapbook pages, cards, and more can also be easily created using an array of professionally designed templates, which can further be personally customized to suit your own imagery.
- Correct Pet Eye
- Similar to removing red-eye in images, discolored pet's eyes can now be easily corrected for to remove the green or yellow cast from imagery.
- Guided Editing
- Professional effects can be produced and learned simultaneously using a range of over 25 Guided Edits. New effects added to Elements 12 include Zoom Burst, which adds a dynamic sense of motion to an image; Photo Puzzle, which gives the appearance that your image is constructed from puzzle pieces; and Old Photo Restore, which is specifically design to help repair worn or damaged photos.
- Seamless Image Sharing
- The intuitive Elements interface enables direct sharing of photos and videos within Elements albums to Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, and other social media sites, which, furthermore, can be easily viewed and shared on mobile devices. Sharing can now be done directly from the Editor interface as well as the Organizer interface.
- Automated Correction Tools
- A broad array of one-step shortcuts can be employed to improve select elements of imagery or enhance the overall appearance of a photograph. Unwanted details can be intelligently removed using the Spot Healing Brush and Auto Smart Tone can be used to optimize color, tone, and exposure adjustments based on learned personal preferences.
- All-Around Workflow Solution
- Photoshop Elements 12 acts as an efficient means for organizing, finding, and managing files with the Organizer view in addition to serving as a solution for editing, enhancing, printing, and sharing photos. Visual tags can be utilized to selectively demarcate files based on subjects, locations, or events for easier locating of specific files within a vast image library. Additionally, location-tagged images can be viewed on a map based on where they were taken.
- Automatic Panoramic Creation
- Photomerge Panorama automatically stitches and blends individual horizontal or vertical photos as part of a larger, panoramic scene and intelligently removes jagged edges and overlapping content for a clean, seamless appearance.
- Enhanced Group Shots
- Photomerge Group Shot works to combine individual elements, including faces and bodies, from multiple group shots of the same scene in order to alleviate a pair of closed eyes or non-smiling face from ruining an otherwise perfect group photograph.
- Additional Features
Finding and Organizing:
- Tag faces faster using your Facebook Friends list
- Find photos of specific people quickly with automatic People Recognition
- Quickly and easily find the best photo or video from a series using the Auto-Analyzer
- Edit photos in full-screen mode directly from the Organizer
- Organize photos and videos from one central location and improve searching by using dedicated visual tags
- Create tilt-shift, vignette, high-key, and low-key effects
- Automatically convert images into digital illustrations
- Easily select and refine edges of hair and other hard-to-extract content
- Import and use effects, styles, and actions from a wide range of photo sites or blogs
- 100 different paint effects can be applied to any image
- Intuitively and easily un-clutter, repair, and match the style of any photo
- Recompose imagery to any size without distorting key subjects
- Photomerge technology helps to create perfectly-lit shots
- A range of adjustments can be previewed prior to selecting the best one
- One-step solution for whitening teeth and making skies bluer
- Support for a broad range of raw file types for high quality results
- Red-eye can be corrected for and skin tones can be enhanced with one click
Personalization and Exporting of Imagery:
- Enhance the look of text in imagery by making it curve or flow in any direction
- Photos can be saved in both JPEG and PSD file formats
- Flexible templates and layouts can be used for printing calendars, cards, scrapbook pages, books, or disc labels from your home printer