The blue COOLPIX S02 Digital Camera from Nikon is an ultra compact digital camera with a 13.2MP 1/3.1" CMOS image sensor that provides high resolution imaging and effective low-light capability with ISO sensitivities that range from 125-1600. Its 3x optical zoom lens with a 35mm focal length equivalency of 30-90mm is versatile enough for inclusive day-to-day shooting. The S02 is the successor to the equally compact S01, but brings with it an updated CMOS sensor, Full HD video and a larger LCD monitor.
The COOLPIX S02 is not only extremely compact at 3.0" long and 3.6 oz, but it is designed to be convenient and "worry-free". Its battery is built-in and can be recharged either from a wall outlet or directly from your computer and it needs no memory cards as it stores all photos and videos on its 7.3GB internal memory. A 2.7" LCD with 230k-dot resolution offers customizable touchscreen control for intuitive setting adjustments, creative enhancements and swipe and scroll playback.
Full HD 1080p video is supported at 30 fps with a built-in stereo microphone and Electronic Vibration Reduction for compensation against shake when recording videos while moving. Scene Modes like Back Lit HDR and Hand Held Night Scene offer assistance when capturing shots with difficult lighting and Scene Auto Selector lets the camera choose from several built-in settings to best match the shot you are taking. Face Detection autofocus will recognize faces within the frame and set optimal focus and exposure settings. Filter Effects enable you to add creative touches to your photos and videos either before or after you shoot.
- Compact and Stylish Design
- At just 3" long and 3.6 oz, the compact design of the S02 allows it to fit easily in your pocket without getting in the way or bulging out uncomfortably. Its sleek design with minimal buttons and dials and minute size make it an ideal camera for everyday use as well as for elegant events and discreet moments.
- 13.2MP 1/3.1" CMOS Sensor
- Improving on the sensor in the S01, this CMOS sensor provides low-light sensitivity and high resolution imaging for both still photos and Full 1080 HD video.
- 3x Optical Zoom Lens with 30-90mm Equivalency
- This lens gives you a great range of popular focal lengths to use for anything from fun group photos or landscapes, to close-up portraits and macro details. In the 35mm format, this lens is equivalent to a 30-90mm zoom lens and the S02 also provides 4x digital zoom for extended telephoto reach.
- 2.7" Rear Touchscreen LCD
- The 2.7" touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive interface, easy shooting options, and shows off your photos and videos in detail and contrast with 230k-dot resolution. Having a screen that takes up nearly the entire backside of the camera allows for clear composition to easily make control selections and tap to choose your focus or adjust settings. Familiar swipe and expand gestures make image playback simple.
- Full HD 1080p Movie Recording
- Improving on the COOLPIX S01, the S02 now supports Full HD 1080p video capture. Electronic Vibration Reduction minimizes the affects of camera shake while shooting and a built-in stereo microphone provides quality audio recording.
- Built-In 7.3 GB Memory, Battery & Flash
- The S02 features a convenient built-in battery and approximately 7.3GB of internal memory for simplified use and operation. A built-in flash for capturing images indoors and in low-light is also provided.
- Scene Auto Selector and Auto Scene Modes
- Scene Auto Selector provides quick picture-taking in a variety of situations by determining the subject and surrounding conditions and then automatically selecting the appropriate adjustments for the shot from built-in scene modes, including Close UP, Night Landscape and Portrait. Scene Modes such as Back Lit Scene HDR lets the camera create a well-balanced image of scenes with difficult lighting by taking three shots of the same scene with different exposure settings and combining them into one.
- Image Optimization and Filter Effects
- With Image Optimization you can shoot both stills and videos with a creative look. Shoot in Sepia, Monochrome, Cyanotype and Vivid. Filter effects can be applied to still images and video after the shot has been taken. Enhance your images with a Soft, Fisheye, Miniature, and Toy Camera effects.