The Rapid Box 26" Octa Speedlite Kit from Westcott is a kit that includes everything you need to shoot 1-light portraits except the speedlight itself.
The Rapid Box is a light modifier that provides soft, even light right from your speedlight. A tilting 5/8" receiver stand mount/shoe mount/speed ring combo is included to attach your speedlight to the octa box. It disengages quickly from the box allowing it to close like an umbrella.
A 1.0 stop diffusion panel is included, as is a deflector plate. The diffusion panel is removable, revealing a highly reflective, high-output silver interior. When the deflector plate is in place it mimics the light of a large beauty dish, adding versatility to your lighting options. To tie this kit together, an 8' light stand is included to hold your octa box and speedlight in place.
- Robust and Durable
- The Rapid Box's poles and speed ring are constructed from solid aluminum to minimize weight yet retain durability.
- Round Catchlights
- Octa boxes produce round catchlights in the subject's eyes, which appear more natural than square or rectangular catchlights.
- Quick Setup and Tear Down
- The Rapid Box opens and closes like an umbrella, no support rods or adapter ring needed.
- Sleek and Compact
- With a shallow depth, the Rapid Box works in virtually any lighting situation.
- Soft Even Lighting
- A screw-in reflector plate will minimize any hot spots, and the front diffusion material further diffuses the light for softer portrait light.
- Fully Adjustable Stand Bracket
- The height and depth are adjustable and compatible with virtually all shoe-mounted flashes, except Sony speedlights.
- Utilize Your Speedlight Without the Need for Radio Triggers
- External speedlight placement allows firing via built-in slaves and/or IR line-of-site.