The black Sony SmartWatch 2 is designed for convenience and portability. This watch features a 1.6" multi-touch display with a Transflective coating that's readable in sunlight. Once you've downloaded the free Sony Smart Connect app from the Google Play Store to your Android mobile device, you can then pair your device to the Sony SmartWatch via Bluetooth 3.0 or NFC. Once paired, your SmartWatch gives you the ability to view message notifications like sms and social networking alerts. While the SmartWatch 2 doesn't have a built-in microphone, it acts as a Bluetooth remote for your android devices. This gives you the ability to keep your headphones connected to your tablet or smartphone and allows the SmartWatch to control things like skipping music tracks and answering phone calls.
The Sony SmartWatch 2 features a rechargeable battery that provides approximately 3-4 days of battery life under normal operating conditions. A micro USB cable is included for charging. This watch also features a dust and water repellant design to help protect it from the elements. With an aluminum body and silicon wristband, the Sony SmartWatch 2 was built with durability in mind. The wristband is also removable, which allows you to use any standard 24mm wrist strap in its place.
- The Sony SmartWatch 2 acts as a phone remote, you can keep track of everything without taking your phone out of your pocket. Get notifications, control your music, and see who's calling. When a call, message, or other notification comes in, your Sony SmartWatch acts as an Android remote and gently vibrates on your wrist to let you know.
- The Sony SmartWatch 2 can also be used as a standalone watch. It can also be used as a compass, timer, stopwatch, and more. You can choose between several different watch faces and themes. The SmartWatch 2 also comes with a wrist strap. If you want another wrist strap to suit your style, you can use any standard 24mm wrist strap.
- NFC Pairing
- You can pair your SmartWatch 2 with your NFC-capable Android smartphone instantly by touching the devices together. If the two devices have been out of Bluetooth range of each other, it is easy to reconnect. One touch is all it takes. If your smartphone or tablet doesn't have NFC, you can still pair and connect with the normal Bluetooth process.
- Easy calling
- When a call comes in, you can see who's calling on your SmartWatch display, press once to answer and take the call on your headset. You can also browse recent calls in your call log and use the SmartWatch 2 to initiate calls.
- Within Reach
- The SmartWatch 2 puts notifications on your wrist. You can view text/chat messages, emails, calendar events, call logs, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, and more. When a message or notification comes in, touch the app icon to read it. A multilayer color touchscreen lets you browse and read all your notifications.
- Apps Available
- At Google Play, you can find hundreds of apps for the SmartWatch 2. Everything from productivity tools to entertainment apps. You can organize the icons on your SmartWatch 2 home screen as you want.
- Made for Android
- The SmartWatch 2 works with any smartphone or tablet running Android 4.0 or later. Software updates are available as new apps and devices become available.