The B+W 58mm Close-up +2 Lens (NL2) is a close-up diopter lens which allows you to decrease the minimum focus distance on any lens, in turn increasing the effective maximum reproduction ratio of your lens. Additionally, you can combine close-up lenses to increase their strength and to fine tune your close-up settings.
The +2 diopters of this close-up lens focus at a distance of 50cm (1.6') with the lens focused at infinity. For the normal lens it is a stepless extension of its close-up range to approximately 1:4.5. On short to medium telephoto lenses it extends the NL1 close-up range seamlessly (with an 85mm lens to approx. 1:3.5 and with a 135mm lens to approx. 1:2.5).
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter has a single anti-reflective coating, which helps to improve light transmission to over 98% while preventing internal reflections and ghosting. Additionally, it features a brass filter ring for increased durability as well as jamming prevention.
- This filter decreases the minimum focus distance of any lens, providing macro-like results.
- The maximum magnification achieved with these attachments will depend on the focal length of your lens as well as the actual close focusing capability of that particular lens
- Single anti-reflective coating helps increase light transmission to over 98% while reducing reflections, flare, and ghosting.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.