The DVD version of Perfect Photo Suite 8 for Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture from onOne Software is a versatile photo editing solution for fine-tuning and enhancing the look of imagery within an intuitive and efficient interface. An array of tools are available for applying basic, general, and necessary adjustments to photos, including content-aware fill and patching brushes as well as brightness, contrast, and color adjustment tools. Extending beyond these adjustment parameters is a wide range of Effects presets and filters for creatively modifying an image's appearance. Hundreds of built-in effects can be instantly applied to imagery for automatic color, exposure, and tonal adjustments, which are further customizable to suit individual needs. Additionally, dedicated Portrait and Black & White modules are specifically designed for these applications and incorporate control schemes that are well paired to certain subjects and correction methods.
This version of Perfect Photo Suite 8 software can function as a standalone program or be used seamlessly with Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, and Apple Aperture programs, and maintains the use of layer-based editing for richer control over selections and compositing. An intelligent Resize module works to upscale or downscale photos for web or print-based sharing and batch processing capabilities enable consistent applying of oft-used editing actions to multiple images for an expedited workflow.
Complete Photo Editing Solution
- Customizable filters and hundreds of built-in presets avail a wide range of controls for adjusting the look of your imagery with ease. Available Effects include: Split Blue Orange, Omaha Beach, Grunge Vignette Light, Fashion Passion, Spring, Warm Gray Custom, Vintage Postcard, Tea Stained, Hollywood Glow, Vintage Blue Yellow, Ilford Delta 100, Secret Formula, Brandon, Coffee, Blue Filter, and Nero. Additionally, Lens Blur effects can be added to imagery to simulate shallow depth of field, tilt-shift, and bokeh effects for altering the point of focus within an image.
- A well-rounded array of tools are available for applying basic and necessary adjustments to photos, including color, tone, brightness, contrast and detailing tools as well as object removal brushes with content-aware fill. The Masking Brush allows you to reveal or hide specific areas of a layer; the Perfect Brush enables you to make precise, edge-detected masks; the Retouch Brush helps to efficiently remove small defects, such as dust or power lines from an image; the Perfect Eraser utilizes content-aware fill to intelligently remove objects; the Clone Brush replicates selected areas of an image in order to cover other, unwanted details; and powerful removal tools can be employed to take out entire backgrounds. Additionally, all of the brushes support pressure and sensitivity controls when working with a Wacom tablet.
- A dedicated Portrait module works to automatically and easily improve the texture and color of skin, remove blemishes, correct red-eye, brighten teeth, and enhance eyes and mouths for streamlined portrait-specific retouching.
- Black & White
- A library of preset monochromatic looks is available for converting color images to black and white and darkroom-inspired tools, such as toners, color filters, and film simulations, permit further control over an image's final appearance.
- Powered by Genuine Fractals technology, a Resize module helps to maintain clarity and sharpness when resizing imagery for both print and web applications. Presets are also available to help best prepare photos for specific printer, paper, and output types.
- Even without the need of Adobe Photoshop, layering controls allow you to combine and blend different photos together for rich composite imagery.
- Batch Processing
- For an expedited workflow, batch processing controls are available for automatically applying frequently used editing actions to multiple images. These controls can work within a single module or span across several modules and are well-suited to resizing, styling, cropping, or adding watermarks to large groups of photos.
Support and Design
- Third-Party Program Compatibility
- This version of Perfect Photo Suite 8 can work in close collaboration with Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, Apple Aperture, or, alternatively, as a standalone program.
- Brower Interface
- Regardless if images are stored on your computer, on a networked drive, or on a cloud storage service, an intuitive navigational module enables quick locating and navigation of files aided by a range of keyboard shortcuts and side-by-side previewing.
- Multiple File Handling
- More than one file can be opened and worked with at the same time, and moving between images for comparative edits or copying layers between images is also supported.
- RAW File Handling
- An extensive range of hundreds of RAW file types are supported from most digital cameras and can be opened, processed, and edited from within the program. Additionally, TIFF, PSD (saved with maximum compatibility), JPG, and PNG file types are supported.
- Performance Enhancements
- The quality of effects is maintained at the highest level to minimize artifacts and ensure consistent image quality without affecting overall processing speed.
- Learning and Tutorials
- A huge library of video tutorials and help guides are easily accessible to help familiarize you with the program and free online webinars and live demos are available to help with learning about new tools and processes.