The XPS 15 XPS15-6842sLV 15.6" Multi-Touch Ultrabook Computer from Dell features a carbon fiber base that is strong and thin like aluminum while also being lighter and cooler to the touch. The lid of the Dell XPS 15 was cut with precision from a single block of aluminum for sturdiness and durability.
The 15.6" display on the Dell XPS 15 features an IGZO panel in stunning QHD+ 3200 x 1800 native resolution. With over 5.7 million pixels, the Dell XPS 15 has five times the resolution of a high definition video. The high resolution allows you to zoom in for greater detail when editing photos and videos. It also provides you with more screen space so you can have multiple windows open for better multitasking. The display is also a capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able to utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8.1. At 400 nits, the bright display is easy to see indoors as well as outside. The 160° wide viewing angle makes it easy to share your display for both productivity and play.
The system is powered by a quad-core 4th generation Haswell 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-4702HQ processor. It also has 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 1TB 5400 rpm hard drive, a 32GB solid state drive, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Dell 2.0 speakers with Waves MaxxAudio 5 technology.
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 (64-bit) improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click will simply takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 (64-bit) provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
Dell XPS 15
- Quad-Core 4th-Gen Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- The XPS 15 features a 4th-generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4702HQ processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.2 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.2 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The Haswell processor uses low voltage to ensure better battery life without sacrificing performance. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask quickly and efficiently
- 15.6" Truelife QHD+ LED-Backlit Touchscreen
- The XPS 15 has a 15.6" Truelife touchscreen with a QHD+ 3200 x 1800 native resolution, which is 5 times the resolution of standard HD. It still maintains the 16:9 aspect ratio so 720p and 1080p HD content scale appropriately with minimal letterboxing. The display also support the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8.1. You can also output video to an external monitor or HDTV via the Mini DisplayPort
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M Graphics
- Using performance efficient NVIDIA Kepler architecture, the dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory provides efficient performance and high quality graphics. The SMS streaming multiprocessor is twice as efficient as the prior generation and the new geometry engine draws triangles twice as fast. The NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M utilizes DirectX with Shader Model 5.0 support designed for ultra high performance in GPU-accelerated tessellation. You won't have to deal with jagged edges and screen tearing because the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics card provides smooth visual effects and stunning 1080p quality
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0
- The XPS 15 supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi, which provides a high-speed connection to your home or office wireless network. The XPS 11 is also backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi as well. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting to Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as a wireless mouse
- Ultraportable Design
- The XPS 15 has a machined aluminum lid and a carbon fiber base, which allows it to weigh just 4.44 pounds and measure just 0.7" thin
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8.1 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8.1 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8.1 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it