Part of Shure's Automatic series of mixers, the Shure SCM810 8-Channel Microphone Mixer provides a feature set and sonic quality suitable for any sound reinforcement scenario. The SCM810 features 8 Mic/Line level inputs via removable Block Connectors. All inputs are balanced and provide phantom power for condenser microphones. There are 8 direct outputs (1 per input channel) for direct routing of incoming signal to recorders monitors etc. Low-cut filter and High-shelving EQ switches are provided on all input channels. In addition to the mixers sonic quality, the SCM810's automatic features offer complete, hands free operation between multiple microphones.
It has 7 position-programmable switches to provide further modifications to internal features; the limiter threshold, off-attenuation level, and hold time can be adjusted, and the mixer can be switched between manual and automatic modes.
The SCM810's Noise Adaptive threshold distinguishes between constant background noise and audio signal fluctuating in pitch, level and consistency (speech). The threshold continuously adjust so that speech levels louder than background noise activate that channel. The Max Bus feature controls the number of channels that activate when triggered by a signal. The Max Bus feature can be set so that one talker activates one channel, even if multiple microphones "hear" that talker. This results in a constant switching between talkers on a panel or discussion. Last Mic Lock-On feature keeps the most recently used mic active so that ambient room signal remains when mics are not in use. The result is a natural uninterrupted signal flow.
- Noise Adaptive Threshold
- Part of the SCM810's "automatic" features, the Noise Adaptive Threshold feature distinguishes between constant background noise (such as air conditioning) and changing sound (such as speech) for each input channel. The SCM810 automatically adjusts threshold so that speech levels louder than background noise are allowed passage.
- Max Bus
- The Max Bus feature controls the amount of microphones that are active in any given moment. One talker activates one channel, even if multiple microphones "hear" that talker.
- Last Mic lock-On
- This feature leaves the last mic used active. This ensures that audio signal generated from room ambience will always be present. The result is a natural sound without pauses or breaks in signal.
- Removable Block Connectors
- All mic input channels feature removable 3 pin block connectors. All inputs accept active balanced microphone or line level signal.
- Programmable Dip Switches
- 7 position programmable switches provide further modifications to internal features. Limiter Threshold, Off-Attenuation level, and Hold Time can be adjusted. The mixer can be switched between Manual and Automatic modes and the Last Mic Lock feature is defeatable as well.
- Microphone Logic Connector
- A standard DB25 male output connector interfaces with external control devices for complete remote operation. Custom configurations of features can be triggered remotely from simple cough switches to elaborate computer controlled remote stations.
- Direct Outputs
- All 8 input channels feature direct outputs via 1/4" phone connections. All direct outputs are pre gate and pre EQ but can be modified internally for post gate operation.
- The Link In/Out jacks provided in the rear allow multiple SCM810's to be cascaded for up to 400 microphone channels.