The HD PVR Rocket Portable HD Game Recorder from Hauppauge is a personal HD video recorder designed to be taken with you on the go. Simply plug this bus-powered device directly into your Xbox, PlayStation, or PC and begin recording your in game footage in at resolutions up to 1080p30. This recorded footage can be saved to a variety of storage devices including thumb drives varying in capacities from 1GB to 32GB and self powered external hard disc drives supporting data transfer rates of at least 2.5Mbytes/sec.
The HD PVR also comes complete with an integrated audio input jack allowing you to plug in both powered and unpowered microphones. With the microphone inserted into the HD PVR you then have the ability to provide commentary as you record your game footage.
- Record Game Commentary
- HD PVR Rocket has a built-in audio mixer, so you can record game commentary while you record your video game play.
- Share Directly to YouTube
- Once you have made your recordings, you can share them with your friends on YouTube.
- HD Audio and Video Quality
- HD PVR Rocket records at resolutions up to 1080p30 using H.264 video compression. The H.264 format is used by Blu-ray discs and exceeds other video compression standards in quality and disk space consumption, providing a crisp image and enhanced digital sound. H.264 uses 1/3 the disk space compared with the popular MPEG-2 format.
- Connect to Your PC and Use Hauppauge Capture
- You can also connect the HD PVR Rocket to your PC. Use the Hauppauge Capture application to record game play, trim your videos, and upload them to YouTube.
- HD PVR Rocket for PC Gamers
- The video compression is done inside the HD PVR Rocket so you can record your PC game play in HD without slowing down your PC. Simply plug in the HDMI out from your PC gaming system into the HD PVR 2, and then connect the HD PVR Rocket to your TV or monitor.