The R510DP-FH11 15.6" Notebook Computer from ASUS features a dark gray design with a concentric circle finish. The 15.6" widescreen display features LED backlight technology. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution. The resolution allows the ASUS notebook to play back 720p HD content without upscaling. The display also has a matte finish to help reduce glare.
The system is powered by a quad-core 2.5 GHz AMD A10-5750M processor. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with SonicMaster audio technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Quad-Core AMD A10 Performance
- The ASUS notebook houses an AMD A10-5750M processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.5GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.5GHz, thanks to AMD TurboCore technology 3.0. With a dedicated 4MB L2 cache and 8GB of DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to multitask quickly and efficiently
- 15.6" Antiglare LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" widescreen display features LED backlight technology and utilizes a matte screen finish for reduced glare. With a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, the display can playback 1080p Full HD content without upscaling
- AMD Radeon HD 8670M Graphics
- This ASUS notebook comes with a dedicated AMD Radeon HD 8670M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory. This integrated graphics chip supports Unified Video Decoder 4.01 for hardware based video decoding, OpenCL 1.2 and OpenGL 4.2 graphics standards, and DirectX 11.1 for high performance GPU-accelerated tessellation
- For Internet access, you have a choice of using the built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack or go wireless with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. You can use Bluetooth 4.0 to wirelessly connect to all your peripherals, such as a wireless mouse or keyboard. The HDMI port allows you to output video to an HDTV
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can reach a data transfer rate of up to 5 Gbps, which is approximately 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, so you can still use all your older USB-compatible devices
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it