This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Sony HDR-AS30V Action Cam with Wearable Kit is a bundle from Sony designed to get you started capturing POV-style action shots. It features the Universal Head Mount, which allows you to attach the Action Cam directly to your goggles' strap or use the headband provided. As well as a Wrist Mount, which allows you to wear the camera similar to a watch. And, because many situations will call for the Underwater Housing, the bundle also features the Anti-fog Insert to help keep the lens port free from condensation.
At the heart of the bundle is the Sony HDR-AS30V Action Cam. The camera is designed for capturing first-person point-of-view (POV) shots while participating in any number of adventure activities, including, skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, surfing, motocross, skydiving, mountain biking and more. It can record Full HD video at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080p at 60 or 30 fps and take 12MP still photos. In addition, it features a 4x slow motion mode that captures 120 fps at 1280 x 720p resolution.
The Action Cam also features Wi-Fi and NFC wireless capability. A Wi-Fi or NFC-enabled smartphone, tablet or other mobile device can be used to pull optimized videos and photos from the camera, for sharing to social media sites such as Youtube, Facebook or Instagram. In addition, the wireless live view feature provides monitoring and enables the Action Cam to be controlled remotely from up to 16' away.
- Six Video Modes Including Full HD 1080p60p and 4x Slow Motion
- The HDR-AS30V Action Cam offers six video modes for flexible shooting scenarios. Record in Full HD 1920 x 1080p resolution at 60 or 30 fps and record in HD 1280 x 720p at 30 fps. In addition the Slow Motion Mode allows you to record at 1280x720p at 60 fps for a 2x slowdown or at 1280x720p at 120 fps for a 4x slowdown. The 2x slow motion mode is useful for recording fast-moving extreme sports, while the 4x slow motion mode can be used to slow the action down even further in order to analyze a golf or baseball swing, for example. There's also an SD mode that provides extended recording time at VGA 640 x 480p resolution at 30 fps.
- Ultra-Wide Angle 170° Lens
- An ultra-wide field of view is designed to contribute to the feel of a point-of-view perspective, and to help ensure you won't miss capturing any action happening in front of the camera.
- Back-illuminated 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor
- The back-illuminated design allows the photosites on the sensor to be placed closer together, improving light sensitivity relative to sensor size. The CMOS sensor features an effective native resolution of 11.9MP.
- Waterproof Housing with Universal Tripod Mount
- The HDR-AS30V Action Cam features a waterproof housing that incorporates a 1/4"-20 tripod mount, allowing the camera to be attached to most standard photo and video tripods and mounting hardware. The housing is designed to protect the camera in extreme environments, and is waterproof to 16.4'. It is also tested to withstand drops from up to 5' feet, and has dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain and grime.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with One Touch NFC Connection
- Wi-Fi and NFC wireless connectivity allows you to turn a compatible smartphone or wireless device into a remote control and remote viewing monitor. In addition to using mobile devices, Sony offers their own option, the water-resistant, wrist-worn RMLVR1 Live View Remote. NFC means you can configure the connection by simply tapping you mobile device or the Live View remote to the Action Camera.
- Micro HDMI Output
- Using the Action Cam's Micro HDMI output, you'll be able to share your video footage with friends and family on an HDTV, projector, or other HDMI display. However, an HDMI cable is required.
- Range of Mounting Accessories
- The HDR-AS30V Action Cam can be used with a variety of Sony-specific as well as third-party mounting accessories. Mounts are available to accommodate nearly every shooting situation imaginable, including goggles, bicycles, handlebars, helmets, surfboards, vehicles or even your pet.