The silver and black FT4 Training Computer Watch from POLAR is a wrist-worn watch with a large easy-to-read backlit screen. It includes an H1 coded transmitter that is worn around your chest to monitor your heart rate. The transmitter sends ECG accurate heart rate signals to the training computer. The FT4 can automatically determine your target heart rate based on your age, or you can set it manually.
- Smart Coaching
- OwnCal calculates the number of calories expended during a training session based on your weight, height, age, gender, maximum heart rate, and your training regimen.
- Manual Target Zone
- Define your target zone as you see fit to your training. You can set your target zone as beats per minute, as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve.
- POLAR OwnCode
- POLAR OwnCode is a coded transmission that automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to your wrist-worn training computer. Your training computer will read your heart rate only from your transmitter, preventing interference from other training computers.
- Visual and Audible Alarms
- When you are out of your preset target zones, the training computer will give off a visual and audible alarm.
- Training Files
- Your latest training information remains in the memory of the training computer under FILE until you record a new training session. You can view your average heart rate, maximum heart rate, and date of your last training session.
- You can follow your long term training by using the training data totals starting from the last reset.
- When you're training, you can change the display information by bringing the training computer close to the heart rate's sensor. Keep the computer close to the sensor until you hear a beep and the desired information is displayed. This is especially helpful if you are wearing gloves and can't access the buttons.
- Graphical Target Zone Indicator
- This feature graphically displays the zone you are in during a training session, helping you to stay on the desired intensity zone.
- Water Resistant
- While the FT4 is water resistant, and can be worn while swimming, pressing the buttons underwater is not recommended. When wearing the FT4 in chlorinated water or saltwater, you may notice some interference with the heart rate monitor's readings.
- Watch Features
Date and Weekday Indicator
Display Text in English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian
Dual Time Zone
Low Battery Indicator
Time of Day with Alarm and Snooze
User Replaceable Battery
Water Resistant to 98.4'