The black USB 3.0 to SATA & IDE Hard Disk Drive Docking Station from StarTech allows instant access to 2.5" and 3.5" IDE and SATA hard drives through two top-loading drive slots, one for Serial ATA drives and another for IDE drives, eliminating the need of having to mount the drives into a computer or external enclosure/tray.The slot-loading design holds the SATA and IDE drives upright inside the docks neatly, keeping them off the desk for convenience and a clutter-free setup. For SATA drives, the hard disk drive can be inserted and connected directly through the designated dock slot, while the IDE drive slot is conveniently positioned near the rear panel 40-pin data and LP4 power connections, which makes it easy to connect to the dock using the included IDE data and power cables. Connected to the host computer through a single USB 3.0 connection, both an IDE and a SATA hard disk drive (SATA III, SATA II, and SATA I) can be connected to the hard disk drive dock simultaneously. You can migrate data from an IDE drive to a SATA drive or vice versa. This docking station provides fast and simple access to the contents on both hard disk drives. The large capacity drives* can be used to enhance your computer's storage/backup capabilities.
Note: *: Tested with up to 4TB 3.5" and 1TB 2.5" drives.
- Top slot-loading SATA drive bays
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface, which supports transfer rates up to 5 Gb/s
- Patented drive ejection mechanism for SATA drives
- Combined power switch and status LED for each drive
- Compatible with PATA (IDE) 66/100/133 MB/s hard disk drives
- Compatible with SATA revision III/II/I (6.0/3.0/1.5 Gb/s) drives
- Supports 2.5" or 3.5" compact, desktop-style form factor hard disk drives or solid state drives
- Plug-and-play and hot-swap compatible
- Transfer files directly between a SATA and IDE hard drive, without having to transfer to the host computer first, or using multiple devices
- Quick access to 2.5/3.5" drives for data retrieval
- Suitable for data recovery specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Useful for technicians who test or benchmark multiple hard drives