The B+W 52mm Close-up +5 Lens (NL5) is a close-up diopter lens which allows you to decrease the minimum focus distance on any lens, in turn increasing the effective maximum reproduction ratio of your lens. Additionally, you can combine close-up lenses to increase their strength and to fine tune your close-up settings.
With a +5 diopter, the NL 5 serves for the seamless extension of the range provided by the NL 3 close-up lens on a 35mm main lens (up to approx. 1:3.5). If you can tolerate a small gap after the NL2 close-up lens on a 50mm main lens (approx. 1:4.4-1:4), then you enter a little farther into the macro range with the NL 5 instead of the NL 4 (up to approx. 1:2.6).
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter has a single anti-reflective coating, which helps to improve light transmission to over 98% while preventing internal reflections and ghosting. Additionally, it features a brass filter ring for increased durability as well as jamming prevention.
- This filter decreases the minimum focus distance of any lens, providing macro-like results.
- The maximum magnification achieved with these attachments will depend on the focal length of your lens as well as the actual close focusing capability of that particular lens
- Single anti-reflective coating helps increase light transmission to over 98% while reducing reflections, flare, and ghosting.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.