The Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens for Sony E produces a slightly telephoto angle-of-view on full-frame sensors. It features a very fast maximum aperture of T1.5 and an 8 blade iris, for shallow depth of field with attractive bokeh. The focus and aperture control rings are outfitted with industry standard gearing, which provides an interface for working with a traditional follow focus. The aperture control ring has also been "declicked," which facilitates smooth iris pulls.
The 85mm has a minimum focus distance of 3.6'. Internal focusing minimizes the effects of lens breathing, which insures a more consistent angle-of-view when adjusting focus. The lens is composed of 9 elements in 7 groups, including one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations. In addition, multi-coated elements help improve light transmission.
- 85mm focal length for full-frame format
- Very fast T1.5 maximum aperture
- 8 blade iris for attractive bokeh
- Geared focus and aperture control rings
- "Declicked" aperture control ring
- Minimum focus distance of 3.6'
- Internal focusing mitigates lens breathing
- Aspheric lens element limits spherical aberration
- Lens multi-coating improves transmission