The BDR-2209 16x Internal Blu-Ray / DVD Writer from Pioneer is an internal disc burner capable of burning data to Blu-ray, DVD and CD discs. Blu-ray disc compatibility includes BD-R, BD-R DL, BD-R TL, BD-R QL, BD-RE, BD-RE DL, BD-RE TL, BD-R LTH formatted discs. You can also burn data to a wide range of DVD discs including DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM DVD formatted discs. In addition to Blu-ray and DVD discs, you can also burn data to both CD-R and CD-RW formatted CDs.
This Pioneer disc burner can also read data from a variety of Blu-ray, DVD, and CD discs. Compatible Blu-ray formats include BD-ROM, BD-ROM DL, BD-R, BD-R DL, BD-R TL, BD-R QL, BD-RE, BD-RE DL, BD-RE TL, BD-R LTH discs. Compatible DVD formatted discs include DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM DL, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM formatted discs. Along with Blu-ray and DVD formats, you can also read data from CD-ROM, CD-R, and CD-RW formatted discs.
Along with the wide range of compatible disc formats, you benefit from enhanced 16x data write speeds when burning data to both BD-R and DVD-R discs as well as 40x write speeds when transferring data to CD-R formatted discs. In addition to enhanced write speeds, this burner is capable of 12x read speeds when reading from BD-R SL formatted Blu-ray discs, 16x read speeds when reading from DVD-ROM discs, and up to 40x read speeds when reading from CD-R and CD-ROM formatted discs.
- Store More Data
- Up to 156% more data storage capacity than a 50GB Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc. The BDXL format supports BDXL Blu-ray media (including 128GB Quad Layer (QL) and 100GB Triple Layer (TL) Blu-ray Disc).
- Faster Burning
- Up to 16x writing on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs, and 8x writing on BD-R triple-layer discs.
- Get to Your Files Faster
- With QuickPlay, the amount of time between inserting a ROM disc, and that disc being ready, has been reduced for movies on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, the disc is ready faster when compared to comparable drives.
- Smooth Movie Playback
- Scratches, fingerprints and other abnormalities on the surface of a disc can sometimes cause Blu-ray and DVD movie playback to stop. When a PowerRead enabled drive is not able to read through obstructed areas of a disc, it will attempt to move forward quickly to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback.
- A Smarter Drive
- Pioneer drives with Auto Quiet mode, monitor how they are being used and adjust their speed automatically. Speeds are increased for data transfers and reduced for music or movie playback.
- A Better Music Experience
- Scratches and fingerprints on your CDs can cause them to skip. A drive normally makes a calculated guess at the unreadable data and attempts to correct this to match the original music. However this is not 100% accurate. PureRead, when enabled, makes the rive reread obscured data to extract the original music as accurately as possible.
- Cyberlink Software Included
PowerDVD 10 delivers enhanced playback quality for Blu-ray and DVD movies on a PC and upscales standard-definition content to look better on HD displays.
PowerDirector 10 allows you to easily edit and author your home videos to Blu-ray or DVD, or upload them to social media sites.
Power2Go7 stores or shares valuable personal files on a secure and portable disc.