The Fujifilm FinePix S1 Digital Camera is a compact weather-resistant super-zoom camera featuring a 16.4 Mp 1/2.3" CMOS sensor that is capable of producing high-resolution stills and full HD 1080p movies with notable low-light sensitivity. High speed performance is afforded throughout the system, enabling fast continuous shooting up to 10 full resolution frames per second as well as an auto focusing speed of 0.14 seconds, a startup time of 0.68 seconds, and a shooting interval time of 0.65 seconds.
The built-in Fujinon 50x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-1200mm, covering wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives to suit working in nearly any shooting scenario. A 5-axis image stabilization system can be employed to further eliminate the appearance of camera shake in order to produce sharper imagery when working in dim lighting and with greater zoom magnifications.
Both a rear 3.0" 920k-dot LCD monitor and 920k-dot electronic viewfinder are available for monitoring and image review. The LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to facilitate easier viewing from both high and low working angles, while the electronic viewfinder provides eye-level viewing capabilities and an additional point of contact between yourself and the camera for greater shooting stability.
Additionally, the S1 features built-in wireless connectivity to enable direct transferring of images between the camera and iOS or Android devices for instant sharing online. Wireless connectivity also provides the ability to remotely control your camera as well as view a live view image from the mobile device's screen.
- Fujinon 50x Optical Zoom Lens
- A super-long 50x optical zoom lens is integrated into the FinePix S1's design, giving a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-1200mm. This lens has a maximum aperture of f/2.8-5.6 and utilizes lens-shift type optical image stabilization to counter the effects of camera shake that become more apparent when working with longer focal lengths and in Super Macro mode. Aspherical and ED lens elements are incorporated into the lens construction to reduce aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range. For even greater reach, Intelligent Digital Zoom is available and can effectively double the zoom magnification to 100x with minimal loss in image quality.
- 16.4 Mp CMOS Sensor and Full HD Video
The 16.4 megapixel 1/2.3" CMOS sensor is able to deliver high resolution imagery with tremendous quality and notable low-light performance to ISO 12800. High speed shooting capabilities up to 10 full resolution frames per second are available as well as a fast 0.68 second startup time, 0.65 second shooting interval time, and a 0.14 second autofocusing time.
Accessible through a dedicated Movie Recording Button, the sensor also lends itself to producing full HD 1080p videos in the H.264 format with the added benefit of 5-axis image stabilization to ensure smooth playback and motion rendering. The 2-axis optical image stabilization system counters both pitch and yaw movements while a 3-axis electronic image stabilization system compensates for roll, vertical shift, and horizontal shift movement types. Full 50x zoom, scene recognition mode, and still image capture capabilities are available during recording as well as the ability to record high speed movies up to 480 fps. Sound is recorded via a built-in stereo microphone and an integrated wind noise filter helps to deliver clean recorded audio. Video playback is possible on an HDTV directly from the camera through an HDMI connection.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows for instant sharing of images directly to an Android or iOS mobile device, and is easily accessible via a dedicated Wi-Fi button on the back of the camera. When used in combination with the free Fujifilm Camera Remote app, you can browse the image contents from the memory card within the camera and transfer photos and movies directly to a mobile device or PC or upload straight to social networking and image sharing sites. Additionally, linked mobile devices can also be used as a remote camera control and viewing device for adjustment over zoom placement and releasing the shutter from a distance.
- Vari-Angle LCD Monitor and Electronic Viewfinder
- The S1 is equipped with both a rear 3.0" 920k-dot LCD monitor and an eye-level electronic viewfinder for monitoring and reviewing imagery. The 3.0" monitor features a vari-angle design to benefit working from both high and low angles while the 0.2" 920k-dot EVF enables eye-level shooting, which provides an additional point of contact to better aid in steadying your camera while shooting.
- Other Camera Features
- Approximately 70 dust and weatherproof seals promote the S1's use in harsh and inclement conditions.
- A built-in intervalometer enables the creation of time lapse imagery, with intervals up to every 10 minutes for a maximum of 6 hours.
- The inclusion of a slide-lever zoom control, one-touch movie record button, and ergonomic camera grip give this camera an immense amount of efficiency through physical design.
- 10 Advanced Filters are incorporated to further enhance the aesthetic quality of imagery, including: Pop Color, Toy Camera, Miniature, Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple), High-Key, Low-Key, Dynamic Tone, Fisheye, Soft Focus, and Cross Screen.
- Manual exposure modes (P/A/S/M) are available to give you more creative control over the exposure settings. SR AUTO, AUTO, Scene Position, Motion Panorama, Advanced Mode, and Custom settings are also selectable via the top dial.
- Scene Position modes are selectable modes that can be used to ensure the camera is correctly exposing for the type of subject matter you are photographing. Modes include: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, and Text.
- In addition to standard JPEG recording, the S1 can also record files in the RAW, or RAW+JPEG, formats to provide greater editing capabilities during post-production.
- Motion Panorama 360 allows you to record expansive views up to 360° wide in a seamless, sweeping manner.
- Dynamic Range (HDR) uses multi frame technology to capture three consecutive images of the same scene (one over-exposed, one under-exposed, and one normally-exposed) and combines the three into a single image in order to garner more highlight and shadow detail than is possible with a single exposure.
- Zoom bracketing mode records three sequential images to be taken at varying magnifications to provide you with different compositions of the same subject.
- Natural Light & with Flash automatically records two images (one with flash, one without) for those instances where you can't decide the better way to photograph in darker situations.
- Pro Low-light Mode is ideally suited to working with stationary subjects and helps to increase sensitivity and lessen noise by compositing four exposures into a single frame for greater image clarity.
- Face Tracking Autofocus couples with Face Detection in order to optimize and maintain sharp focus on subjects' faces, even while moving or when working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Face Detection optimizes photographs of people by detecting and biasing exposure and focus settings on up to 10 faces present within the scene. This feature also helps to reduce red-eye in flash-lit subjects.
- Built-in social networking allows you to pre-tag and label images and video in-camera prior to offloading the imagery to your computer. Once tagged and delegated to the social platform of your choice, the images will be automatically uploaded once you connect the camera to your computer.
- Micro Thumbnail View enables you to see up to 100 pictures on the rear LCD at a time, presented in a 10 x 10 gridded array of micro thumbnails. This allows you to quickly select the desired image from a vast image library.