The black Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot featuring a 16 Mp high-sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+ image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p movies. The sensor and processor work together to produce the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps to improve the low-light shooting capabilities by extending the effective sensitivity levels while also reducing apparent noise for cleaner, clearer imagery. A built-in 12x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-300mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of shooting scenarios. Intelligent IS image stabilization benefits working in low-light conditions and with longer focal lengths by minimizing the appearance of camera shake based on eight different detected shooting styles. Furthermore, to benefit image-making, a range of shooting modes are also available to add creative expression and ensure true, consistent exposures regardless of the shooting situation.
Complementing the imaging traits of the camera is built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows for the instant sharing of photos and videos to linked mobile devices, home computers, or directly to select social networking sites. Connection is simplified through the implementation of NFC technology, as well as a dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button to streamline the sharing process. Once linked, mobile devices can also be used to control and release the camera's shutter.
- 16 Mp CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
- A 16 Mp high-sensitivity CMOS sensor provides high image quality that, when paired with the DIGIC 4+ image processor, exhibits notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 3200. The sensor and processor work together to create Canon's HS SYSTEM, which is able to produce clear, rich imagery in dimly-lit situations with minimal noise and high detail. Also benefitting working in difficult lighting conditions, the DIGIC 4+ processor enables electronic Dynamic IS image stabilization, which compensates for angular, shift, and motion blur types for sharper imagery.
- 12x Optical Zoom Lens
- An expansive 12x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-300mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of shooting situations. An Optical Image Stabilizer benefits this expansive zoom range by minimizing the appearance of camera shake to produce sharper imagery in dim light and with telephoto focal lengths.
- Full HD 1080p Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p video recording at 30 fps is possible in the Internet-friendly MP4 format and is easily accessible through the use of a dedicated movie record button. For sharing and viewing both movies and still images, an HDMI port is available for outputting your imagery to an HDTV.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables seamless and instant transferring of photos and videos to mobile devices, home computers, and to select social networking sites. Linking Android devices to the camera is aided through the incorporation of NFC (Near Field Communication), which facilitates connection simply by tapping the two devices. Additionally, a dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button further establishes a simplified means for linking both iOS and Android devices.
When connected, the mobile device can also be used to remotely control and release the camera's shutter from a distance, as well as display a live view image on the linked device's screen.
- Intelligent IS
The ELPH 340 HS' low-light shooting ability is further enhanced with the inclusion of Intelligent IS image stabilization, which applies one of eight different settings to best reduce the appearance of camera shake depending on the type of scene in which you are photographing.
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernable when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.
- Other Camera Features
- A 3.0" 461k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation.
- Hybrid Auto mode records quick, 4-second HD 720p video clips just prior to shooting still imagery and then compiles them together to form a unique highlight reel.
- Creative Shot mode utilizes an original image's composition, color, and lighting qualities in order to develop five new, unique images with an artistic flair.
- Smart AUTO is an intelligent setting that works to select the proper camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations in order to render imagery clearly and consistently.
- Shooting Modes and Special Scene Modes: Smart AUTO, Movie Digest & Hybrid Auto, Program, Creative Shot, Portrait, Smart Shutter, High-Speed Burst, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter, and Movie.
- ECO Mode intelligently reduces your power consumption, aiding in producing longer battery life for more shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi expedites printing imagery from your camera when using a PictBridge-compatible printer. Or, alternatively, the Direct Print system allows you to print straight from your camera using a USB connection.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi, Hindi, Malay, Indonesian, and Vietnamese.