The Canon 32GB VIXIA HF R52 Full HD Camcorder records Full HD 1920 x 1080p video to 32GB of internal flash memory or to a removable SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. It also supports 2.07MP still image capture. The camera is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi for sharing your videos and photos online via Facebook, YouTube or other social networking sites. Built-in Wi-Fi also enables a convenient live streaming function that allows you to view and record live video from the camera directly onto your iOS or Android mobile device. Wi-Fi and live streaming enable you to use your compatible smartphone or tablet to control the camcorder from a remote location as well.
The HF R52 features a 3.28MP Full HD CMOS image sensor and a DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor. It also employs a genuine Canon HD video lens with 57x Advanced Zoom and SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization. For easy recording and instant playback, the camera has a 3" capacitive LCD touch panel display as well. Designed with all levels of users in mind, the HF R52 has a laundry list of features including MP4 and AVCHD independent or dual simultaneous recording, an advanced Baby Mode, Intelligent IS, Smart AUTO, a higher capacity battery for longer shooting sessions, and much more.
For connectivity to your HDTV or high-resolution monitor, the HF R52 is equipped with a mini-HDMI output. For improved audio monitoring and recording, the HF R52 has a headphone output and a microphone input. The headphone jack also doubles as the analog audio/video output on the camera. If you want to give your home videos an interesting cinematic feel, you can employ one the HF R52's seven Cinema-Look filters before you start shooting. You can also add one of these filters after you've finished recording. Each filter is adjustable as well, so you can dial in the perfect cinematic look for each recording. The HF R52's other main features include Video Snapshot, Genuine Canon Face Detection, a 30p Progressive shooting mode, a 24p Cinema shooting mode, and compatibility with Canon's CT-V1 Camera Pan Table accessory (sold separately).
- Powerful 57x Advanced Zoom
- Thanks to an impressive 57x Advanced Zoom range, long-range shooting is not a problem. You'll be able to create videos with dynamic variety, and you'll be less likely to disrupt the action you're shooting. The Advanced Zoom works well for a variety of situations including formal ceremonies, recording animals in the wild, candid family videos and more. The Advanced Zoom is available in manual mode and has been achieved with more efficient use of the effective imaging area. It takes the camcorder's focal length from 32.5mm all the way to 1853mm (35mm equivalent), which provides extraordinary flexibility in shooting. Plus, for more convenient shooting and better creative control over your videos, the camcorder offers continually variable zoom speed settings with three fixed zoom speeds and 15 levels available.
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's sophisticated SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer corrects camera shake instantly, so even handheld video taken at long focal lengths is sharp and steady. Providing continuous adjustment throughout the entire zoom range to correct a broad range of motion (with extra compensation applied at wide-angle focal lengths), the Dynamic Image Stabilization system on this camcorder stabilizes rotational camera shake. Controlling horizontal, vertical and roll axis rotational camera shake ensures smooth, distortion-free video - even when you're walking while shooting.
- 3.28MP Full HD CMOS Image Sensor
- This model is equipped with a 3.28MP Full HD CMOS image sensor that supports 1920 x 1080 resolution video capture. Canon's high-resolution HD CMOS sensor features extra sensitivity that delivers lifelike Full HD video with natural color - even in low light. On-chip noise reduction supports clarity in every frame, which means your video and photos will be vivid, clear - even when played back on a large HDTV.
- DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
- This camcorder incorporates an advanced Canon HD the DIGIC DV 4 image processor for enhanced imaging performance. The increased processing power also lets you record in both AVCHD and the web-friendly MP4 formats simultaneously when using the camcorder's Dual Recording function. It enables the built-in transcoding from AVCHD to MP4 as well.
- Internal 32GB Flash Memory & SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot
- The camcorder's internal 32GB flash memory holds up to 12 hours of HD video. With no moving parts, flash memory technology can withstand camcorder jolts and drops. You can also record to a removable SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card, making it easy to share your video with friends and family. Conveniently sized and readily available, SD/SDHC/SDXC cards give you up to 64GB (24 hours) of recording capacity for a combined capacity of 96GB or 36 hours. For added flexibility, you can even backup your video directly to an external hard drive by using the optional UA-100 USB adapter (sold separately).
- MP4 or AVCHD Progressive Recording
- Whether you're capturing MP4 or AVCHD files, this model supports Full HD 1920 x 1080/60p video capture. Full HD 1080/60p recording captures twice the amount of information as 60i, and with images captured at a rate of 60 frames per second, diagonal noise is eliminated so even fast moving subjects show up clearly. This provides a greater sense of detail and faithful rendering of moving edges, plus enhanced color and fine tonal gradation. AVCHD Progressive records at bit rates up to 28 Mbps, while MP4 files are captured at bit rates up to 35 Mbps.
- Built-In Wi-Fi
Built-in Wi-Fi technology lets you share your HD video with friends and family anytime, anywhere. Connect with compatible home networks, wireless hotspots, and iOS mobile devices using the free Canon Movie Uploader app. Videos and photos can be easily shared over the Internet with a free registration on Canon's iMAGE GATEWAY# - an online photo storage service that lets you upload to social networking sites. You can even use your compatible PC to browse remotely through the previously shot videos stored on your camcorder, without connecting a cable. The Remote Browse function uses a standard web browser and does not require a special app.
Note: Devices supported for Canon Movie Uploader app include iPhone 4S/5/5S, iPad 2, iPad 3rd/4th gen, iPad mini, iPod touch 5th gen
Note: Devices supported for Remote Browsing include iPhone 4S/5/5S, iPad 2, iPad 3rd/4th gen, iPad mini, iPod touch 5th gen, most Android 2.3/3.2/4.0/4.1/4.2 mobile devices
- Live Streaming
Stream video from your camcorder wherever you are - at home, at the office or away on vacation - with the improved Live Streaming function on this camcorder. It is possible to receive the live video and sound that your camcorder is recording from a remote location on your iOS or Android mobile device not only when you're on the same wireless network, but over the Internet as well. With the CameraAccess Plus app, you can use your smartphone or tablet to monitor babies and pets, capture wildlife videos remotely without disturbing the scene, create perfect self-videos and more - anywhere you're wirelessly connected. You can also remotely control camcorder functions including start/stop and zoom, and even access information about remaining battery charge, recordable time, zoom position and more.
Note: Devices supported for CameraAccess Plus app include iPhone 4S/5/5S, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3rd/4th gen, iPad mini, iPod touch 5th gen, most Android 2.3/4.0/4.1/4.2 mobile devices
- Compatibility with Optional CT-V1 Camera Pan Table
- The camcorder is compatible with optional CT-V1 Camera Pan Table accessory (sold separately). With your Wi-Fi-enabled camcorder mounted on the CT-V1, you can remotely monitor a viewing range of approximately 200° with your compatible smartphone or tablet. Using the improved Live Streaming of the camcorder, panning and recording can be powered by the pan table, or controlled remotely over the Internet with the CameraAccess Plus app. Flexibly designed to plug into an outlet or run on AA batteries, the CT-V1 also powers your camcorder. Plus, an energy-efficient standby mode won't waste battery power. With enough range to span two rooms, it's easy to check on pets or children when you're away, monitor your home while you're on vacation, etc.
- The Right Format for Any Use
- Dual Recording and built-in transcoding ensure that no matter how you decide to use the video you've recorded, you'll have the right format available. Using the power of the DIGIC DV 4 image processor, the camcorder can simultaneously record video to internal flash memory in AVCHD format, and to an SD/SDHC/SDXC card in MP4 format. The widely used MP4 format provides quick, conversion-free playback on tablets and smartphones, and it lets you upload videos directly to social networking sites for easy sharing with friends, family and the world. AVCHD works well when watching videos on an HDTV or archiving them to Blu-ray discs. The camcorder also has a built-in transcoding function that converts AVCHD files to MP4s, or from MP4 to MP4 across memory media, making them easy to upload to the web or save to an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card.
- Capacitive 3" Touch Panel LCD
- This model features a capacitive 3" touch panel LCD screen that makes recording and other operations easy. Open the panel and the power is on. A gentle touch activates the display's intuitive functions. Choose a focal point, track moving subjects, control exposure for selected areas, and operate camcorder controls from the screen - all with a touch. In addition, the easy-to-use user interface makes your shooting experience simpler. The Home button is on the menu screen, and provides quick access to all functions. Clear explanations for key settings pop up when selecting shooting modes and recording formats, so you can be confident in the decisions you make.
- Baby Mode
The camcorder features Canon's Baby Mode - a complete solution for capturing, tracking, organizing and sharing every moment of your baby's development. A custom control button on the shooting screen activates the mode, and optimal settings for the shooting conditions, including Intelligent IS and more, are automatically selected. Videos shot in Baby Mode are automatically saved into a dedicated Baby Album so they won't get lost among your other videos. You can view the Baby Album chronologically as well.
When shooting in Baby Mode, the camcorder's Pre-Record (Pre REC) function is always on. This places the camcorder in a stand-by "pre-roll" mode, where it continuously records three seconds of video to memory before you even press the record button. When you start recording, the additional video is recorded too, so you won't miss your baby's "first" moments.
Touch Decoration in Baby Mode includes stamps to mark each video with your baby's current height and weight. And with a single registration of the baby's birth date, the camcorder will automatically calculate the number of days old and stamp videos accordingly, creating an exact diary of developmental milestones for years to come. The camcorder's other Baby Mode Touch Decoration options allow you to add your own drawings, captions, animations and more. All options can be appended to previously shot video as well.
- Higher Capacity Battery
- This model is powered by a higher capacity battery pack than previous Canon camcorders. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery not only lets you shoot longer, but features intelligent technology that accurately indicates remaining battery time down to the minute.
- Audio Scene Select
- Audio Scene Select offers five modes that automatically optimize settings based on the recording situation, making it easy to record realistic, immersive audio in a range of situations.
- Smart AUTO & Auto Tele Macro
- Smart AUTO lets you capture clear, bright, well-focused video while the camcorder takes care of all the details. The system recognizes 38 shooting situations based on numerous factors, then automatically chooses the optimal settings for the situation. When you shoot a nearby subject in telephoto zoom mode, Auto Tele Macro gives your video the high-end artistic effect of a well-focused subject against a blurred background.
- Genuine Canon Face Detection
- The same high quality Face Detection technology used in Canon digital cameras is available in Canon HD camcorders. Up to 35 faces can be tracked automatically, ensuring sharp focus and accurate exposure. Of the faces tracked, nine detection frames can be displayed at one time. The system will even recognize faces turned downwards or sideways. In addition, a specific face may be selected as the main subject for continuous tracking. This feature also helps when you're searching for clips that feature a specific subject's face. In search and playback, use of the Face Index will display those frames with the chosen face as a thumbnail in each shot in which it appears. Your selected face can also be linked as a timeline to further identify footage containing your subject.
- Cinema-Look Filters
- This feature offers a choice of seven varied built-in adjustable filters, which give the look of a variety of cinematic styles by compensating for the color, gamma and other aspects of the image's quality. The looks can be previewed in the LCD monitor while shooting, and also applied post-capture for additional convenience and versatility. Choose from Cinema Standard, Old Movies, Vivid, Cool, Nostalgic, Dramatic Black & White or Sepia. For even greater control, the brightness of each filter can be set to low, medium or high. When Cinema Standard is selected, color depth, softening and contrast can also be adjusted.
- Video SnapShot
- Video Snapshot allows you to capture the highlights of a once-in-a-lifetime trip or a family milestone with the same ease as taking photos. Simply record a series of short video clips - or select your favorite clips while in Playback Mode - and blend in your favorite background music to create an exciting movie that will grab everyone's attention. Video Snapshot allows selectable recording times of two, four or eight seconds. Additionally, audio from an external source such as an MP3 player can be played along with your Snapshot movie. Plus, playback can be controlled from that source.
- 24p Cinema & 30p Progressive Shooting Modes
- The camcorder offers a 24p Cinema mode that gives your video a film-like feel, making it look as if it were shot at the same frame rate as movie film. It does this by capturing at a frame rate of 24p and recording it in a 60i wrapper. The camcorder also gives you the option of recording in 30p Progressive mode, which is great for clips you intend to post online.
- Programmed AE
- Programmed AE with Smart Auto, Manual Mode P and SCN (Portrait, Sports, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Night, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks), Cinema Mode (with Cinema-Look filters), and Baby Mode.
- TTL focusing system (through The lens)
- Manual exposure available
- 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz power adapter included