The white COOLPIX S6800 Digital Camera from Nikon is a compact point-and-shoot featuring a 16 Mp 1/2.3" CMOS image sensor for sharp, high-resolution shots. The camera also provides ISO sensitivity of 100-6400 to aid you in low-light environments. When the light gets too low, the built-in flash takes care of business. Capture high def 1080p/i video at various frame rates, including 25 and 30p and 50 and 60i. The Zoom-NIKKOR lens offers a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-300mm, covering wide-angle to extended telephoto perspectives.
The camera is also equipped with a 3.0", 460k-dot LCD monitor with an anti-reflective coating. Benefit from creative shooting modes, including Easy Panorama for incredibly wide coverage of vast landscapes. The autofocus system is capable of face priority and quick subject-tracking, and offers up to 99 focus areas.
Lens-shift vibration reduction counteracts camera shake for clear, blur-free shots, even in dim lighting and when shooting at the extended zoom positions. Take advantage of in-camera image editing, including D-Lighting to optimize high-contrast images in order to restore shadow and highlight details that have been lost. Save your images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
With built-in Wi-Fi, take photos and watch them instantly appear on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Then share them via text, email or social networking sites. You can even use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control for the camera.
- 16 Mp CMOS Sensor
- The 16 Mp 1/2.3" CMOS image sensor delivers sharp, high-resolution shots, and provides ISO sensitivity of 100-6400 to aid you in low-light environments. When the light gets too low, the built-in flash is there to help. Capture HD 1080p/i video at various frame rates, including 25 and 30p and 50 and 60i, with stereo sound.
- Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens
- The 12x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-300mm, covering wide-angle to extended telephoto perspectives. There's also a 24x Dynamic Fine Zoom function, which is an enhanced digital zoom that effectively doubles your reach. Hybrid lens-shift vibration reduction counteracts camera shake for clear, blur-free shots, even in dim lighting and when shooting at longer focal lengths. The aperture of the lens is f/3.3 at the wide end and can be stopped down to f/6.3, and features an electronically-controlled ND filter (-2 AV) selection.
- 3.0" LCD Screen
- Equipped with a large, 3.0", 460k-dot TFT LCD monitor with an anti-reflective coating and 5-level brightness adjustment.
- Advanced Autofocus System
- Contrast-detect TTL AF system is capable of face priority and quick subject-tracking, in addition to target-finding, which instantly and accurately determines your intended subject and focuses on it--so you can grab the shot you want on the first try. The camera offers up to 99 focus areas in manual selection mode, and you also have the option of simply making "center" the priority area. Additionally, focus lock is available.
- Continuous Shooting
- Up to 7 full-resolution shots at approx. 9.4 fps. Additional continuous shooting modes include: Single, Best Shot Selector, Continuous H, Continuous H 60, Continuous H 120, Continuous L, Multi-shot 16 and Pre-shooting cache.
- Creative Shooting Modes
- Benefit from creative shooting modes, including Easy Panorama for incredibly wide coverage of vast landscapes. The 18 available scene modes include backlighting, beach, black-and-white copy, close-up, dusk/dawn, fireworks, food, landscape, museum, night landscape, night portrait, party/indoor, pet portrait, portrait, snow, sports and sunset. Scene Auto Selector lets the camera choose the best mode for your situation, freeing you up to focus on getting the shot you want.
- Image Effects
- Easily apply fun and creative effects like selective color, miniature, skin softening and more--all right from the camera. There's no need for additional photo or video-editing software.
- In-Camera Image Editing
- D-Lighting helps optimize high-contrast images in order to restore shadow and highlight details that have been lost. Additional options include copy, quick retouch, small picture, filter effects, glamour retouch, red-eye reduction, crop, paint, print order, protect, quick effects, rotate, slide show and voice memo.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Take photos with the COOLPIX S6800 and watch them instantly appear on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Then share them via text, email, or your favorite social networking sites. You can even use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control for the camera. The Wi-Fi feature is compatible with iPhone, iPad or iPod touch models running iOS 6.0 or later, and select Android devices running OS 2.3.3 or later (see app on Google Play store website for details). The Wireless Mobile Utility application must be installed on the device in order to utilize Wi-Fi connection to camera.
- Save your images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, which are available separately.
- Available Free Download of ViewNX 2 Software
- ViewNX 2 provides a range of beneficial, easy-to-use features. In addition to basic data importing and browsing, it incorporates various frequently used adjustment menus and tools, such as resize, brightness control, crop and straighten, as well as many processing functions and movie-editing features. Smoother cooperation with Nikon's exclusive image storage and sharing site, my Picturetown, is also made possible. This all-in-one browsing/editing software package will let more photographers fully enjoy digital images with greater ease.
- Runs on supplied EN-EL19 li-ion battery. The AC Adapter EH-71P and plug adapter, also included, charge the battery from empty to full in about 1 hr 50 min. Another AC adapter, EH-62G, is available separately.
- Storage File System
- DCF, EXIF 2.3, and DPOF compliant.
- Standard 1/4" tripod mount.
- Supported Languages
- Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.