The Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card from VisionTek is a computer graphics card that includes Windows software and is for computers with PCI Express expansion slots. It boasts a feature set geared in particular toward gamers, but is also suitable for a wide variety of other applications that benefit from or require a dedicated graphics card.
This version of the Radeon R9 270X comes pre-clocked from VisionTek at 1030 MHz, which can be boosted (overclocked) up to 1080 MHz. To help the card move data to and from the GPU as efficiently as possible, the card features 2GB of 1400 MHz GDDR5 RAM over a 256-bit memory interface. Because GDDR5 RAM moves data at four words per cycle, the effective clock speed works out to 5600 MHz.
This card can be connected to a variety of display types, including computer monitors, HDTVs, and projectors. It features an HDMI port that supports HDCP encryption so you can watch Blu-ray DVDs and other types of copy-protected media, a DisplayPort port, a dual link DVI-I (digital and analog) port, and a single link DVI-D (digital only) port. VGA device can also be connected by employing a DVI to VGA adapter and using the DVI-I port.
- Popular API Support
- Supports DirectX 11.2, AMD App Acceleration, and other APIs to allow GPU-aware applications to benefit from the acceleration provided by a dedicated graphics card, taking much of the workload off your computer's CPU
- AMD HD Media Accelerator
- Offloads much of the processing involved in decoding MPEG-4, H.264, MVC, MPEG2 and other video codecs from the CPU to the graphics card to provide better video quality than when relying on the CPU alone
- AMD CrossFire Technology
- Allows you to combine two compatible GPUs to increase total graphics processing power, boosting overall performance -- a CrossFire-enabled motherboard is required
- AMD Eyefinity Technology
- Lets you connect up to a total of six displays via the DisplayPort output when employing Multi-Stream Transport (MST) hubs or using DisplayPort 1.2-compliant devices that support daisy-chaining
- Dolby Audio Support
- Capable of providing 7.1-channel surround audio as well as Dolby TrueHD and Dolby DTS-HD Master audio when connecting to devices that support audio playback via the HDMI or DisplayPort outputs
- AMD PowerPlay and PowerTune Technology
- Dynamically adjusts clock speeds in response to GPU load, saving power for just when you need it. In addition, it will switch off the second GPU when not needed if you as using CrossFire
- Intelligent Overclocking Control
- Uses AMD Boost State technology to regulate the GPU clock speed and other GPU parameters, designed to achieve the optimal balance between performance, fan noise levels, and heat
- Quad Data Rate (QDR) GDDR5 RAM
- Because GDDR5 RAM can transfer up to four words per cycle, as opposed to one word per cycle with traditional RAM, the effective data rate is quadrupled, allowing this card to process data transactions as quickly as if it had a 5.6 GHz memory clock speed
- PCI Express 3.0 Support
- Provides twice the bandwidth of PCI Express 2.0; for example, an x8 PCI Express 3.0 slot has the same bandwidth as an x16 PCI 2.0 slot. In addition, the card remains backward-compatible with motherboards using earlier generations of PCI Express