Out of Stock
The silver Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera is a compact, ergonomically-designed camera featuring a 16.1 megapixel Live MOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video with notable low-light quality and high-speed performance. The combination of these two technologies enables a high sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600 and continuous shooting up to 8 fps. The sensor also lends itself to an enhanced FAST autofocus system that utilizes a contrast-detection focusing method to efficiently acquire focus with selectable focus areas for even greater precision. Also benefitting image sharpness is in-body three-axis image stabilization that compensates for angular shifts and rolling camera shake.
Both a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and tilting touchscreen monitor are available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation. The EVF features a 1,440k-dot resolution and 1.15x magnification for comfortable eye-level viewing with the ability to preview image effects in real-time. Alternatively, the 3.0" 1,037k-dot tilting touchscreen LCD monitor can tilt upward 80° or downward 50° to suit working from high and low angles and its touchscreen design provides an intuitive means for controlling settings and navigating through the menu system. For refined off-board control and image sharing, built-in wireless connectivity is available and, when paired with the Olympus Image Share app for iOS and Android mobile devices, remote sharing and control over the camera is possible.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
The 16.1 megapixel Live MOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor, with Fine Detail Processing II, work in concert to enable high-resolution still imagery, full HD video recording, and notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 25600. The combination of these two technologies also helps to promote high-speed performance throughout the camera system, including a top shutter speed of 1/4000 sec. with a mechanical shutter, a continuous shooting rate up to 8 fps with single-shot AF, and continuous 3.5 fps shooting with continuous autofocus.
Additionally, full HD 1080p movie recording is supported at 30 fps with stereo sound in either the MOV or AVI format. Simultaneous shooting, up to 5 fps, is also possible in P/A/S/M modes at 5.8MP resolution, without interrupting the movie recording.
- In-Camera 3-Axis Image Stabilization
- In-body VCM (Voice Coil Motor) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements that become especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots, macro imagery, and long exposures. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across three axes, versus the conventional two axes, and compensates for vertical and horizontal shifts (yaw and pitch) as well as camera shake along the optical axis (roll). This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively.
- Electronic Viewfinder and 3.0" Tilting Touchscreen
For eye-level viewing, a bright 1,440k-dot electronic viewfinder is integrated into the design and features an automatic eye-detect function, 0.007 sec. display lag time, and 1.15x magnification. This finder enables realistic, high resolution viewing in a comfortable position that is especially beneficial when working in bright conditions. The adaptive brightness settings also enable easier viewing in different lighting conditions, with the brightness being set according to surrounding conditions to better simulate the use of an optical viewfinder.
In addition to the viewfinder, a large 3.0" 1,037k-dot tilting touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation. The monitor's design can tilt 80° upward and 50° downward, making it well-suited to use from both high and low angles. The intuitive touchscreen control offers a range of additional functionality, too, including the ability to touch to release the shutter, select the focusing point, magnify the image, apply filter effects, and navigate through images and settings.
- FAST Autofocus System
Benefitting the quickened shooting performance of the E-M10, a contrast-detection focusing method employs 81 AF areas to quickly and accurately acquire focus. Aptly named, FAST (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology) is able to home in on subjects using single-shot or continuous focusing methods, as well as AF tracking to benefit working with moving subjects. In addition to standard Small Target and Group Target focusing areas, Super Spot AF can also be used to acquire focus in a smaller, more refined area for critical accuracy.
When working with manual focus, focus peaking and manual focus assist functions are available to simplify attaining precise sharpness, which is especially useful when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- By using the Olympus Image Share app, wireless control of the E-M10 is possible through using linked iOS and Android mobile devices. The mobile device can be used to preview compositions, choose a specific AF point, and release the shutter via the intuitive app interface. Linking of mobile devices to the camera is possible through an intuitive QR Code Connect system, which displays a unique QR code on the camera's monitor which can then be recognized by a mobile device for instant linking.
- Other Camera Features
- Constructed from metal, the camera body features retro-inspired design with easily-accessible 2 x 2 dial controls for streamlined adjustment over camera settings.
- A built-in pop-up flash is available for additional illumination and supports wireless flash control within four channels and four groups.
- The Color Creator feature allows for adjusting hue and chroma directly in the EVF with results visible in real-time. This, coupled with an intuitive GUI, permits more finite and exacting control over the color balance of an image.
- Fine Detail II technology automatically corrects for chromatic aberration based on the specific lens in use. Natural-appearing high-resolution quality is attained by applying intelligent sharpening techniques based on the lens' focal length and aperture value being used.
- HDR Preview emulates the finalized look of an HDR image in the viewfinder prior to the camera processing the images together, allowing greater control and selectivity over how extended dynamic range images are taken. HDR photos are possible with up to a 12 EV-wide range of bracketed shots.
- 12 Art Filters are available for creatively enhancing imagery and movies: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, and WaterColor. 7 Art Effects are also available: Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Diorama Effect, Pict. Tone (Sepia, Blue, Purple, Green).
- Photo Story allows recording of a scene from multiple viewpoints, which are then composited into a single image using a range of pre-defined formats and themes.
- Interval shooting permits sequential recording of 1-999 shots, with 1 second to 24 hour intervals, to easily shoot a series of consecutive photos. Furthermore, the series of images can be converted to a time-lapse movie for more simplified playback.
- Live Bulb and Live Time modes allows you to view the progression of exposure during bulb and time exposure in real-time and a live view histogram shows how the exposure is built-up across all points of the image.
- Live Composite Mode allows you to intuitively capture star-scapes and other long exposures in real time.
- Multiple Exposure shooting allows for the stacking of sequential exposures within the same frame for creative results.
- Face Detect, Face Priority, and Eye Detection allow you to select different priorities for basing focus and exposure on. Up to eight separate faces can be detected and Eye Detection allows you to select either the right or left eye to prioritize.
- A built-in level gauge aids in creating perfectly level compositions based on the horizon and architectural elements within the scene.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Color Creator, and Art Filters.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.