This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The black Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Digital Camera is a water, crush, shock, freeze, and dustproof point-and-shoot camera capable of operating in areas where a normal camera would fail. It features a 16MP BSI CMOS sensor, a 5x optical zoom lens, and the TruePic VII image processor in order to create detailed, high resolution images. Additionally, this camera is capable of capturing video with 1920 x 1080 recording at up to 60 frames per second.
The Olympus TG-850 is built to withstand the elements and impacts. It can shoot underwater to a depth of 33' as well as being able to survive drops as high as 7' and crushproof to 220 pounds. It is even able to shoot and maintain all function in temperatures as low as 14°F, well below freezing. It also has a protective sealing that makes it dustproof, keeping fine grains like sand and other obstructions from ruining your camera.
The lens on the TG-850 is a 5x optical zoom that provides the focal length equivalency of 21-105mm in the 35mm format. At 21mm, you have a wide-angle lens that can shoot expansive vistas and inclusive group shots and at 105mm it is a telephoto length that can magnify distant subjects or shoot creative close-ups. A Super Resolution Zoom function is also available extend that reach if necessary. Image Stabilization offers clearer images by reducing the blurring effects of camera shake when shooting at telephoto lengths and in low light situations. And there are also very extensive interval shooting capabilities that can be easily accessed.
A 3.0" 180° tilt LCD display allows you to easily adjust the view for shooting self-portraits and other difficult to frame images. Also, the screen makes it very simple to change settings and review your images. Intelligent Auto mode helps with these settings by automatically selecting what options and modes are ideal for the current scene.
- 16MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
- The 16MP sensor in the TG-850 provides richly colored, detailed images with fine low-light performance and fast autofocus capability.
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- The image processing engine on the TG-850 offers fast transfer and performance speeds and allows the camera to shoot both high resolution photos and Full HD video with accurate colors and minimal noise.
- Waterproof and Damage Resistant
- The TG-850 is designed to be used in inclement weather and is able to shoot underwater and withstand the bumps and drops that other cameras cannot. It is waterproof to 33', shockproof to 7', crushproof to 220 lb, freezeproof to 14°F, and dustproof.
- 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- With a focal range that runs from 21-105mm in the 35mm format along with a maximum aperture of f/3.5-5.7, the lens on the TG-850 provides great image quality at shooting lengths from wide-angle to telephoto. The wide-angle allows for expansive vistas and the telephoto lengths can bring distant subjects closer. Because this camera is meant to be used in all weather conditions, the lens is provided with a water-repellent coating to keep rain drops and condensation from clouding-up the image.
- 1080p Full HD Video at 60 Frames Per Second
- Record full high definition video at up to 60 frames per second due to the combination of processing power and image sensor technology.
- 3.0" Tilting LCD Display
- The 460k-dot 3.0" tilting LCD display allows you to easily see what you are doing and makes framing self-portraits and other difficult to shoot scenes much simpler.
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Dual Image Stabilization combines Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds to capture crisp, clear images even in low-light situations.
- ISO Range 125-6400
- An ISO range up to 6400 offers accurate color reproduction and low-noise imaging even in low light situations.
- Interval Modes
- The TG-850's interval shooting feature allows you capture each step of an action sequence, or you can set the camera for longer intervals and stitch the images together into a time-lapse movie.
- Intelligent Auto and Scene Modes
- In iAuto mode, the camera automatically detects the subject, lighting and situation to identify the scene you're shooting and adjusts the settings for ideal results. Scene Modes include Portrait, Beauty, Landscape, Night, Night + Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Self Portrait, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Beach & Snow, Documents, Underwater Snapshot, Underwater Wide 1, Underwater Wide 2, Underwater Macro, and others.
- Hand-Held Starlight Mode
- At night and in low-light situations where image blur is more likely to occur, Hand-Held Starlight mode captures multiple images and stitches them together into a single, crisp photo.
- Panorama Mode
- Capture panoramic vistas all in one frame with the touch of one button, by simply panning the camera across the scene.
- AF Illuminator
- An LED Illuminator on the front of the camera acts to enhance focus and exposure for macro shooting. It also works in conjunction with the flash to help illuminate your subject in low-light conditions.