The ECM-AW4 Bluetooth Wireless Microphone System from Sony is a complete battery-powered Bluetooth wireless microphone system. It plugs into virtually any kind of video camera, DSLR, or recording device that features a 3.5mm mini-jack microphone input, and has a talk-back function that allows the camera operator to communicate clearly with the subject. The mic has a range of up to 150 feet.
This mic system allows a subject and a device operator to communicate, eliminating the need for a separate intercom system. In this way the camera operator can act as a director, giving direction or suggesting interview questions to the onscreen talent, even if they are out of ear shot. A 3.5mm headphone jack is provided on both the transmitter and the receiver to facilitate this feature.
For mounting or wearing the microphone and receiver, a belt clip and an arm band are included. The arm band enables you to attach the transmitter to a subject that is wearing clothing that cannot accommodate a belt clip. An included carrying pouch will help to protect the transmitter.
- Wide Compatibility
- Compatible with nearly any video camera or portable audio recorder with a 3.5mm mini-jack microphone input
- Two Way Communication
- From up to 150 feet line-of-sight away from the camcorder, you can shoot while recording whole conversations with each other
- One Way Communication
- Select to pick-up only the voice of the subject, or both the subject's and the camera operator's voices
- Separate Earphones
- Two separate earphones are provided for both the microphone and the receiver units
- Up to Three Hour Battery Life
Operates for up to three hours when running continuously
In standby the microphone battery lasts up to nine hour and the receiver battery up to three hours