At home for business or personal use, the black BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-1 16GB AT&T Branded Smartphone features a QWERTY keyboard as well as a 3.1" touchscreen interface. Running BlackBerry OS, the phone includes a suite of organizational and productivity apps including Intelligent Calendar, BlackBerry Maps, Voice Control, BlackBerry Balance to keep work and personal app data separated and secure, and document editors allowing you to edit Microsoft Office and other documents on the go.
The phone isn't all business though. It features an 8MP rear camera that can shoot 1080p HD video with image stabilization and has 5x digital zoom. For self-portraits and video conferencing there is also a 2 MP front-facing camera that shoots 720p HD video and has 3x digital zoom.
The smartphone is 4G LTE Capable, and is backwards compatible with 3.5G HSPA+ as well as and 2G GSM/EDGE. It comes unlocked and will require a contract as well as a micro SIM card to start using. Also note that different networks have different requirements within 3.5G and LTE that may impact compatibility. Be sure to double check your intended carrier's full requirements to ensure you receive full high speed data connectivity.
In addition to mobile networks, the phone can connect to the Internet and other devices via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, and NFC. Additionally, GPS is built-in so that maps and other location-aware applications can get a much more accurate fix on your location than mobile data alone can provide.
The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, which is dual-core and has a clock speed of up to 1.5 GHz. In addition, there is 2GB RAM as well as 16GB built-in flash memory for data storage. The internal memory can be augmented using a microSDHC card up to 32GB in size. A 2100mAh battery will power the phone for up to 13.5 hours while talking and up to 14.8 days on standby. Use of the touchscreen and other features may reduce battery life significantly. For charging and as a hard-wired interface to your computer, it features a micro USB port, and there is a micro HDMI port for connecting it to an HTDV, projector, or other display.
- 8MP Rear and 2MP Front Cameras
Capture 1080p HD video and shoot up to 8MP still photos with the rear facing camera. For video conferencing and taking self-portraits, the phone also features a front facing camera that takes 2MP stills and 720p video. Features of the rear facing camera include:
- Back-side illumination for better low-light performance
- 5-element, f/2.2 lens
- Dedicated ISP (image signal processor) with 64MB frame buffer
- Flash, continuous and touch to focus, image stabilization
- 4 DOF (Degrees of freedom) video stabilization
- Hybrid absorptive IR filter
- 5x digital zoom
- Back-side illumination for better low-light performance
- Time Shift Photo Mode with Camera App
- While taking a still photo, the camera actually records a brief video clip several milliseconds in length and allows you to move parts of the image back or forward in time. For example, letting you scroll back on the dial to open one friend's eyes, and then forward to catch your other friend smiling, before combining it all to create the perfect picture
- Wireless Communication/Network
- This phone is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 4G LTE capable. LTE is an advanced cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds so fast that they compete with wired broadband internet providers. With an LTE connection, this phone should have no problem streaming HD video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high-speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 3G and 2G data for instances when you can't get LTE. In addition to cellular wireless this phone also features Bluetooth 4.0 + LE, NFC, and Wi-Fi connectivity 1
- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry 10 OS is a phone operating system designed for multi-taskers on the go. Active Frames display summary information from compatible apps, such as new messages from the Messenger app, or available file space in the Manager app, in customizable frames residing on your homepage, keeping what's most important consolidated in one place. BlackBerry Hub allows you to peek into conversations or check messages from within in any app helping you stay productive without constant app switching. And if the built-in apps aren't enough, the BlackBerry World Store is more than just an app store, you can download games, music, videos, and more; it even also pays attention to previous downloads and makes automatic recommendations for you. The OS features a virtual keyboard which can be used even on phone models that also feature a QWERTY hardware keyboard; in addition, Voice Control allows hands-free users to dictate a document, compose an email, or search for a file or contract, among other things using voice-recognition alone. Finally, BlackBerry Browser notably offers a Reader Model that cuts out the extraneous noise letting, you focus strictly on the main text of the document. To help back up files, as well as migrate them to a new BlackBerry OS device, BlackBerry Link allows you to synchronize your phone with a computer
- QWERTY Keypad and Touchscreen
- Type the way you feel most comfortable - the Q10 features a full QWERTY keyboard for those who prefer a tactile interface as well as a 3.1" touchscreen. Either way, the keyboard input features contextual auto-correction, next-word prediction, Instant Action typing shortcuts, and a personalized learning engine that gets to know the way you type
- 3.1" Super AMOLED Display
- The Q10 features a 3.1", 1:1 aspect ratio touchscreen display. With a resolution of 720 x 720, the screen has a pixel density of 330 ppi. Additionally, it features 8-bit color depth per RGB channel for a total of 24-bits, allowing the screen to reproduce over 16 million colors
- Relying on the phone's built-in GPS, the BlackBerry Maps app provides spoken turn-by-turn navigation, the option of 2D or 3D maps, and real-time traffic alerts. Furthermore, it will automatically import all your contacts' addresses so you don't have to go hunting or copy-and-paste. It will even help you meet up with friends or business associates by letting you instantly share your location
- Enterprise Tools
- Microsoft Office interoperability allows you to edit documents such as Word and Excel files on the move, in their original format; your phone can even be synchronized to many cloud-based services to ensure you and your associates stay on the same page
- With the Intelligent Calender, when you create a new appointment, BlackBerry Calendar suggests associates to invite based on your existing events and those you invited previously
- BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) features free apps available for the iOS and Android platform, allowing you to stay connected with friends or business associates even if they don't use the BlackBerry OS. With BBM you can send instant messages, share photos, exchange documents, video conference, and more
- BlackBerry Remember organizes interests, ideas, and projects in a single, readily-accessible location
- BlackBerry Balance provides separation between your personal usage of the phone and your work usage for an additional layer of enterprise security. Apps and data that are sent by your organization to BlackBerry devices it manages, are restricted from being accessed by personal apps, and work information can't be copied and pasted into personal apps or email messages
- BlackBerry Protect is designed to help protect you from data theft by allowing you to remotely lock your phone, or even wipe the all of the data on it in the event it is ever lost or stolen
- Preloaded Apps
- Pre-installed apps include: Music, Videos, Pictures, Camera, Picture Editor, Story Maker, Hub, Universal Search, Email and Social Messaging, Calendar, Contacts, Browser, Text Messaging, Messages, Clock, Calculator, Documents To Go, Print to Go, File Manager, Adobe Reader, Remember, Phone, BBM, World, Games, Weather, Maps, Smart Tags (NFC), Setup, Help, BBM Video
- Other Phone Features
- Tap-to-Share with NFC: Simply pull up the photo, video clip, or even the app you want to share, and then tap your phone to another compatible NFC-enabled device - BlackBerry Tag will do the rest for you
- Magnify: Help users with partial vision by enlarging text and images
- Bluetooth 4.0 + LE, Wi-Fi and NFC allow wireless data communication and also connection of accessories such as Bluetooth headsets