The matte black K200MA-DS01T 11.6" Multi-Touch Notebook Computer from ASUS features an 11.6" LED-backlit display with a 16:9 aspect ratio and 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics with native support for 720p HD content. The screen also has a glossy finish for vibrant color. The display is a touchscreen with support for the integrated multi-touch gestures featured in Windows 8.1.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.86 GHz Intel Baytrail-M N2815 processor. It also has 4GB of onboard DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400 rpm hard drive, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated 0.3-megapixel webcam, and a built-in microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8.1 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left-click will take you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right-click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Performance
- The ASUS K200MA houses an Intel Baytrail-M N2815 processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.86 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.13 GHz when needed. It has a dedicated 1MB L3 cache, 4GB of onboard DDR3 RAM, and integrated Intel HD graphics for added performance.
- 11.6" HD Glossy Touchscreen
- The 11.6" HD widescreen display is a touchscreen that supports the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8.1. The display features a 16:9 aspect ratio with 1366 x 768 native resolution, which can play 720p HD content natively without upscaling. The screen also features a glossy finish for vibrant color. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
- Stay Connected
- For a reliable wired Internet connection, you can utilize the 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. You can also go mobile with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi support, which allows you to connect to a wireless network.
- ASUS WebStorage
- ASUS WebStorage lets you access all your documents, photos and music from any device, with 32GB of cloud storage for 3 years. Instant file synchronization gives you real-time updates for every item on WebStorage and with easy link-based sharing, you can connect to friends and family.
- Instant On
- Experience 2-second instant-on resume time and automatic smart saving when you dip below 5% with ASUS' unique software suite.
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can provide data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 as well so you can use your older USB-compatible devices.
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.