This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The 3x Spitfire Dual-Illumination Riflescope from Vortex Optics is designed for use with the AR platform and it's specific ballistic characteristics. It uses a prism-based optical system with anti-reflective fully multicoated optics to provide a reliable sight, without taking up valuable rail space. With its 3x magnification this optic is ideal for medium to long-range use. Dual Picatinny rails, set at 45° on the upper forward half, are perfect for attaching a reflex sight or illuminator. The housing is nitrogen-filled and o-ring sealed for water and fogproof performance in all weather conditions.
The EBR-556B Enhanced Battle Reticle features a ballistic-drop compensation (BDC) configuration designed around the 5.56x45 (.223 Remington) cartridge using a 55 grain round and 16" barrel. The central crosshair is meant to be zeroed at 100 yd and is effective to 200 yd. BDC stadia on the lower vertical axis provide holdover reference points from 300 to 500 yd in one hundred yard increments. The reticle can be illuminated in either red or green, depending on the situation and preference. Each color has five selectable brightness levels, with an 'off' position between each level to quickly return to a preferred brightness without having to cycle through them all.
- Optical Performance
- 3x magnification
- Anti-reflective fully multicoated optics minimizes light loss, and maximizes contrast and color transmission
- Reticle is etched on the prism, allowing you to see it whether or not the illumination is engaged
- Use and Handling
- Five red and five green reticle brightness levels with 'off' positions between each level
- Illuminated EBR-556B Enhanced Battle Reticle features a ballistic-drop compensation (BDC) configuration designed around the 5.56x45 (.223 Remington) cartridge using a 55 grain round and 16" barrel
- Capped low-profile windage and elevation turrets
- 1/2 MOA per click impact point correction
- 120 MOA windage and elevation adjustment range
- Fast focus eyepiece with a 2.8" (7.1 cm) eye relief
- Construction Details
- Single-piece aluminum housing
- Nitrogen-filled, water and fogproof
- Low-glare, scratch and corrosion-resistant matte-black anodized finish
- Mounted at a 40.4mm lower 1/3 co-witness height from the optic center to base surface. Remove mount riser for 30mm height
- Two short integrated Picatinny rails for accessories such as a reflex sight or illuminator
- -22 to 122°F operating temperature range
- Front and rear flip-up lens covers