The black Republic of Gamers G750JM-DS71 17.3" Notebook Computer from ASUS has a 17.3" widescreen matte display that is backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and provide better picture quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a true 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard of HDTVs. The Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution is supported by an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory.
The system is powered by a quad-core 4th-generation 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7-4700HQ processor. It also has 12GB of DDR3L RAM, a 1TB 5400 rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam, and microphone. The built-in stereo speakers and subwoofer utilizes ASUS Republic of Gamers AudioWizard technology.
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
ASUS Republic of Gamers G750JM-DS71
- Quad-Core Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- The G750JM houses a powerful yet low voltage Intel Core i7-4700HQ processor. Its quad cores can run at 2.4 GHz. It can also be overclocked up to 3.4 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The quad cores can also be pushed to 8 virtual threads for added performance. The 12GB of DDR3L RAM memory ensures that programs and games open quickly so you can jump right into the fray with minimum loading times. Multitasking runs smoothly for when you have to take a break from competitive multiplayer in order to check email, browse the Internet, and more.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M Graphics
- Housing the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics card with 2GB of GDDR5 discrete memory, the G750JM is definitely gamer-grade and enthusiast-approved. With DirectX 11.1 compatibility, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M provides all the power needed to make PC games look and perform great. With a 60% performance increase over the previous generation GPUs, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M GPU supports enhanced anti-aliasing to sharpen textures. Frame rates can improve without compromising performance.
- 17.3" Full HD Matte Display
- Having a high-end graphics card doesn't mean much if the display isn't up to par. Fortunately, the G750JM provides a high-definition 17.3" widescreen display. The display features a matte finish in order to combat glare. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1920 x 1080 native resolution. This means that the display can play Full HD 1080p content without upscaling or letterboxing. You can also output to a HDTV via the HDMI port.
- High Velocity Networking
- Online gaming requires a fast and consistent Internet connection. Lag and other latency issues will make multiplayer games unplayable. That's why the G750JM works with 802.11ac Wi-Fi networks. If you absolutely need a stable connection, you can use the 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack for reliable Internet access. There's also Bluetooth 4.0 support so you can use a Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as a wireless mouse.
- Intel Thunderbolt Technology
- The G750JM includes Intel Thunderbolt technology. The Thunderbolt standard delivers data and graphics via one connection at up to 10 Gb/s, which is roughly double the bandwidth of USB 3.0. With more external devices beginning to implement Thunderbolt, you can count on your G750JM to become a hub for content and data that moves quickly, including large multimedia files, high definition video, and more.
- ROG AudioWizard
- With built-in stereo speakers, a Bass Eye subwoofer, and ROG AudioWizard, the G750JM delivers precise pitch and low-end bass for a powerful audio experience. If you want to have a more immersive experience, you can plug in a compatible headset into the 3.5 mm headphone jack. Some headsets will also require you to plug into the 3.5 mm microphone jack if you want to use the microphone on your headset for voice chat.
- ASUS TurboMaster GPU Overclocking Technology
- The G750JM can utilize ASUS TurboMaster GPU overclocking technology, which supports a 5% performance boost for enhanced speed and multitasking.
- Innovative Cooling
- High-end performance requires ample cooling. That's why the G750JM uses dual rear-venting fans and copper heat sinks to provide stability. The dual fans not only quickly remove heat from the core components, but also drive the heat out the back of the G750JM so your keyboard and palm rests stay cool and comfortable.
- ASUS WebStorage
- ASUS WebStorage means your personal stuff is always with you on any Internet-connected device. Keep files in sync automatically so you can share photos and video online with family and friends or stream music and movies wirelessly. The G750JM comes with 32GB of free lifetime WebStorage and you can add more at any time.
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.