The aluminum gray GS70 StealthPro-024 17.3" Notebook Computer from MSI measures in at 0.85" thin and weighs just 5.73 pounds, which is impressive for a fully-loaded 17.3" notebook computer. The MSI GS70 features a simple yet streamlined aluminum chassis with a gray finish.
The 17.3" widescreen display features LED backlighting, which uses less power than CCFL backlighting. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M graphics card with 3GB of discrete memory. The display can play Full HD 1080p content natively without upscaling. The screen also has an anti-reflective finish, which reduces glare in brightly lit environments.
The system is powered by a 4th generation Haswell quad-core 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7-4700HQ processor. It also has 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, a 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive and a 128GB solid state drive, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Dynaudio Tech stereo speakers and a subwoofer.
Windows 8.1 is the installed operating system. Windows 8.1 improves the user experience of Windows 8 with several additions and changes. The Start button returns, but has two limited core functions. A left click takes you to the redesigned Start screen featuring tiles that update in real-time. A right click brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control Panel and more. You will also be able to boot directly to the traditional desktop screen instead of the Windows 8.1 Start screen. Windows 8.1 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
MSI GS70 StealthPro-024
- Quad-Core Haswell Intel Core i7 Performance
- This MSI notebook houses a 4th generation Haswell Intel Core i7-4700HQ processor. Its quad cores have a stock speed of 2.4 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.4 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to game as well as multitask smoothly and efficiently.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M Graphics
- Built for a visually stunning gaming experience, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M arms you with industry-leading technologies including DirectX 11 support, dynamic PhysX effects, CUDA, and more. Based on NVIDIA's Kepler GPU architecture, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M provides optimal performance per watt. The SMX streaming multiprocessor is twice as efficient as the prior generation and the new geometry engine draws triangles twice as fast. The result is reliable performance, power efficiency and high image quality.
- Full HD 17.3" Anti-Reflective Display
- The 17.3" display has an anti-reflective screen designed to cut down on the amount of light that reflects off the display, reducing eyestrain and sharpening the picture to provide a more enjoyable viewing experience. The display also has a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution so you can play 1080p HD content natively in deep black levels and vibrant color.
- Killer Gaming Network
- For an online multiplayer, the slightest bit of lag will throw off your game. That's why this MSI GS70 has a 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack to ensure you have the support for a fast-wired Internet connection. With Killer Gaming Network, the MSI GS70 automatically classifies and prioritizes latency-sensitive network traffic for online games, HD video and high-quality audio for better control and fewer buffering interruptions during your online experience. If you're going mobile, the GS70 also supports 802.11ac Wi-Fi for high-speed wireless online gaming. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 support so you can connect a Bluetooth-compliant mouse or gamepad wirelessly to your MSI GS70.
- Anti-Ghosting Gaming Keyboard by SteelSeries
- Re-designed to match the sleek features of the GS70, the SteelSeries gaming keyboard features a full range of color options that can be customized to your liking with thousands of color combinations and 5 pre-set configurations. Play with accuracy with anti-ghosting capabilities and with the ability to handle simultaneous keystrokes for seamless gameplay.
- The Return of the Start Button
- After many requests from Windows users, the Start button makes its triumphant return in Windows 8.1. While it may not be exactly the same as its predecessor in Windows 7, the Start button has two core functions. A left click on the Start button will take you to the Windows 8.1 Start screen featuring live tiles. A right click on the Start button brings up an advanced menu where you can access the Device Manager, Control, Network options and more.
- Boot Directly to the Desktop
- Windows 8.1 gives you the choice of booting to the Windows 8.1 Start screen with live tiles or booting to the familiar desktop screen of Windows 7. Users can also boot directly into an app or app view if they choose to.
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8.1, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history, and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and more.
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it, so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it.