With an easy out-of-the-box setup, integrated virus and malware protection, and feature-enhancing updates, the dark mineral blue Chromebox M004U Desktop Computer from ASUS starts up in seconds and gets you to your favorite websites and apps instantly.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron 2955U processor. It also has 2GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, a 16GB solid state drive, two free years of 100GB of cloud storage on Google Drive, a 2-in-1 media card reader, dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity. There are also four USB 3.0 ports (two in the front and two in the back), an HDMI port, and a DisplayPort. A VESA mount kit is also included so you can mount the Chromebox on the back of a compatible monitor.
Google Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications. The ASUS Chromebook combines the aspects of a pure cloud client with the hardware of a traditional portable computer, which puts it in its very own class of netbook and notebook computers.
- Chrome OS
- Using Linux as a base, Google designed Chrome OS to work exclusively with web applications. The user interface takes a minimalist approach, which greatly resembles the Google Chrome web browser. Chrome OS was built for people who spend a majority, if not all, of their time on the computer connected to the Internet. The only application that comes installed on Chrome OS is a special Google Chrome web browser with an integrated media player and file manager. All other applications are accessed by adding apps from the Google Chrome Web Store. Since Chrome OS relies entirely on Google's web apps and access to Google's services, it is highly recommended that you connect to the Internet to optimize your Chrome OS experience.
- Wireless Connectivity
- Internet access is very important to the functionality of Chrome OS. That's why the Chromebox offers 802.11a/b/g/n wireless connectivity so you'll have no trouble connecting to wireless networks. There is also Bluetooth 4.0 support so you'll be able to connect wirelessly to compatible Bluetooth devices, such as a wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Dual-Core Intel Celeron Performance
- The Chromebox houses an Intel Celeron 2955U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.4 GHz. With a dedicated 2MB L3 cache and 2GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, the Chromebox provides reliable performance for everyday tasks, such as checking email or surfing the web.
- 2 Free Years of 100GB of Cloud Storage on Google Drive
- While the Chromebox comes with a 16GB solid state drive, it also offers 2 free years on Google Drive with up to 100GB of cloud storage space. With Google Drive, you'll be able to access all your data and files in the cloud by simply logging into your Google account on a compatible device.
- VESA Mount
- The Chromebox comes with a VESA mount kit so you'll be able to mount the Chromebox to the back of a monitor.
- Offline Capabilities
- In the past, Chrome OS devices were limited in their use when there was no Internet connection. However, the Chromebox supports a wide range of offline apps so you can edit documents, play games, and use other popular apps even without Internet access.
- Personalized Access with Parental Controls
- Personalized data access makes the Chromebox a family-friendly device. You'll be able to easily switch between accounts while ensuring each person's data is kept private and secure. The parental controls ensure a safe, family-friendly web surfing experience.
- Compact Form Factor
- The Chromebox features a compact form factor. Weighing just 1.32 pounds and measuring just 1.65" tall, the Chromebox is designed to save valuable desk space.
- Instant On
- Whether it's booting up the Chromebox, browsing the web, or performing essential tasks, the Chromebox strives for high-speed performance. With the help of a 16GB solid state drive, the Chromebox skips the unnecessary loading screens and gets you up and running as soon as possible.