The ColorEdge CG277 27" Hardware Calibration IPS LCD Monitor from EIZO features a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440, an enhanced 1000:1 contrast ratio and 300 cd/m2 brightness. It also features DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D inputs that enable connectivity to various types of graphics boards.The ColorEdge CG277 Monitor has a built-in SelfCalibration sensor which allows you to automate calibration. It also incorporates EIZO's patented Digital Uniformity Equalizer (DUE) technology to ensure a Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen. Using the DisplayPort input, the monitor offers 10-bit simultaneous color display from a 16-bit LUT, which means it can present more than one billion colors simultaneously. Designed for both soft proofing and digital device emulation, the bundled ColorNavigator software allows you to know how your clients will see color. The monitor also comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt and swivel adjustments as well as a portrait mode display.
Please Note: A graphics board and software supporting 10-bit output are also necessary for a 10-bit display.
Built-In Sensor for Simplified Maintenance
- Built-In SelfCalibration Sensor
- Automate your calibration with the built-in SelfCalibration sensor that is housed within the monitor's bottom bezel and swings up onto the screen only when calibrating. This sensor eliminates the need for a third-party calibration device and even operates in portrait mode. Using either the On-Screen Display menu or the bundled ColorNavigator software, you can schedule the monitor to self-calibrate at specific times. Even if the monitor is switched off or not connected to a computer, it will stick to its preset schedule and self-calibrate.
- Correlation with External Sensors
- The ColorEdge CG277 Monitor can be correlated to the measurement results of an external calibration sensor. After correlating, the built-in sensor will automatically recalibrate to the settings. This is convenient if the monitor is used in a work environment with other monitors and one measurement device must be used as a standard for all calibration.
Enhanced Color Accuracy
- Reproduces 99% of the Adobe RGB Color Space
- An IPS panel with a wide color gamut reproduces 99% of the Adobe RGB color space so images shot in RAW can be converted to Adobe RGB or images shot in Adobe RGB will be displayed correctly. The wide color gamut also ensures that the monitor reproduces almost the entire ISO-coated and US web-coated CMYK color spaces used in printing as well as 93% of the DCI used in post production.
- Excellent Tone Display in the Dark
- When viewing the screen from an angle in a dimly lit room, dark tones typically appear washed out due to the display characteristics of LCD backlights. The monitor maintains a high contrast ratio even from an angle which allows the dark tones to retain their depth.
- Non-Glare IPS Panel
- The IPS (in-plane switching) panel exhibits no glare and allows several people to view the monitor with minimal color shift.
- LED Backlight Cuts Power by 40%
- The LED backlight reduces energy consumption by 40% compared to a conventional backlight. It is also mercury-free for less impact on the environment when it is disposed of.
- Brightness Modulation Minimizes Flicker
- To counteract the flicker that is noticeable by some users at low brightness settings, EIZO uses PWM (pulse width modulation) technology to help reduce eye fatigue.
Features for Creative Work
- Uniformity from Corner to Corner
- Fluctuations in brightness and chromaticity on different parts of the screen are a common trait of LCD monitors. To counteract this, the monitor incorporates EIZO's patented digital uniformity equalizer (DUE) technology to ensure a Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen when the monitor leaves the factory. DUE also counterbalances the influences that a fluctuating ambient temperature may have on color temperatures and brightness to ensure stable image display.
- Individually Adjusted at the Factory
- The gamma level for each ColorEdge monitor is adjusted at the factory. This is accomplished by measuring the R, G, and B gamma values from 0 to 255, then using the monitor's 16-bit look-up table (LUT) to select the 256 most appropriate tones to achieve the desired value.
- Stable Display within Seven Minutes of Startup
- From the time it is turned on it typically takes 30 minutes or longer for a monitor's brightness, chromaticity, and tone characteristics to stabilize. EIZO has shortened this warm-up time by more than 75% to 7 minutes.
- 10-Bit Simultaneous Display
Using the DisplayPort input, the monitor offers 10-bit simultaneous color display from a 16-bit look-up table which means it can show more than one billion colors simultaneously. This is 64 times as many colors as you get with an 8-bit display which results in even smoother color gradations and reduced Delta-E between two adjacent colors.
A graphics board and software which supports 10-bit output are also necessary for 10-bit displays
Simple and Precise Calibration with ColorNavigator
- ColorNavigator Software
- The bundled ColorNavigator software makes calibration both simple and quick. Just input target values for brightness, white point and gamma. The built-in sensor directly utilizes the monitor's LUT and creates an ICC profile within minutes.
- Predictable Color with Any Media
- With content published on so many types of printed and digital media, it's critical to know how your clients will see color. Designed for both soft proofing and digital device emulation, the bundled ColorNavigator software allows you to do just that. So now you can "predict" how color will appear to your clients, whether you produce content for printed media like books and magazines or for digital media devices like tablets, smart phones and notebook computers.
Comfort and Convenience
- Multiple Inputs
- DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-D inputs are included and support resolutions up to 2560 x 1440. The HDMI input also offers direct connection with digital cameras. Two USB upstream ports allow two computers to be connected at once so it's not necessary to reconnect the USB cable when using the ColorNavigator software and switching between the two computers.
- Smooth Display of Video
- For video editing or post-production work, an overdrive circuit is included to reduce the gray-to-gray response time to 6 ms and ensure that moving images look clean and sharp with minimum ghosting.
- Adjustable Stand
- Adjust the screen to the most comfortable angle and reposition it to show your work to a colleague or client. The monitor comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt and swivel adjustments as well as portrait mode display.
- Shading Hood for Portrait and Landscape Modes
- The monitor comes bundled with a unique hood that is designed for portrait mode as well. Now you can keep the glare off your screen no matter which mode you work in.
Ideal for Video Editing and Post Production
- Preset Color Modes
- A button on the front of the monitor provides quick access to several broadcast-standard color modes reset color modes: Rec. 709, EBU, SMPTE-C, and DCI. In addition, sRGB and Adobe RGB modes are also available.
- Input Support for 4K x 2K
- This EIZO monitor accepts 4K x 2K resolutions of 4096 x 2160 and 3840 x 2160 at up to 30 frames/second via the DisplayPort input then downscales them to its native resolution of 2560 x 1440. This added functionality makes the ColorEdge CG277 a practical choice for editing when working with 4K x 2K resolutions used in digital television and digital cinematography.
- 1080/24p Playback
- Film is usually shot at 24 frames/second and looks unnatural when played back on a typical monitor that displays 60 frames/second. The HDMI input supports a video signal display rate of 1080/24p frames-per-second so you can edit the film as it was meant to be viewed.
- 3D LUT for Accurate Color Display
- A 3D LUT is included which adjusts colors individually on an RGB cubic table. With the bundled ColorNavigator software's emulation function, the 3D LUT applies a film look to the image so creators can check how it will be viewed by their audience. The 3D LUT also improves the monitor's additive color mixture (combination of RGB), which is a key factor in its ability to display neutral gray tones.
- LED Buttons and On-Screen Button Guide
- For dimly lit work environments like post production studios, the monitor comes with backlit control buttons an on-screen button guide to indicate what each button is for.
- Safe Area Marker
- A safe area marker designates the area of the screen that will be displayed when the monitor is connected to a particular device. This allows you to check that subtitles and other text will be visible. The color of the marker is changeable to ensure it remains with any imagery.
- ForgaCert Softproof Monitor
- The ColorEdge CG277 is recognized by Forga as a Class A ForgaCert Softproof Monitor. Using the CG277 in a ForgaCert Softproofing System ensures designers, print specifiers, and print producers can rely on the soft proof for predictable and consistent results.
- No Power Consumption When Turned Off
- When the monitor is turned off via the power button on its front bezel, it consumes no electricity.