The Gemini 500R PW 2-Light Kit from Bowens is aimed at photographers who need a durable, simple-to-operate strobe set-up in the studio or on location. The kit contains 2 complete 500R PW monolights with reflectors, two stands, two 36" umbrellas and a rolling case for the kit. The 500R PW is a lightweight, compact 500Ws monolight with a 250W proportional modeling lamp, 1.3 second recycle time and a flash duration short enough to freeze most movements.
The 500R PW has built-in wireless capability and offers compatibility with wireless triggering cards; Bowen's own Pulsar Tx or a Pocket Wizard (sold separately). In addition, the built-in Smartcell allows the Gemini unit to be synchronized to the camera shutter on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th flash as specified by the user. The control dials and LED read-out of the 500R PW allow full stop and 1/10th stop control of the flash output enabling you to rapidly set the correct exposure.
When AC power is not available the 500R PW can be powered with the optional Bowens Travelpak battery system. This system is capable of providing up to 750 full-power flashes on a single charge.
- Gemini 500R PW Monolight
- 2 x Complete monolights with flashtube, modeling lamp and power cords
- Multiple Triggering Options
- Accepts Pocket Wizard and Pulsar Tx radio trigger cards. Also comes with a sync cord and built-in photocell
- 5-Stop Power Control
- Full and 1/10 stop digital exposure control over 5 stops: 500-15Ws, with high-visibility LED read-out
- Modeling Lamp Control
- Full, user defined, proportional and off
- Lamp Saver Mode
- Dims the modeling lamp by 50% if no activity is detected for 30 minutes
- Power Options
- AC or battery powered via optional Travelpak battery system
- All-metal monolight body construction
- Low Sync Voltage
- 5V DC sync voltage to protect DSLR circuitry
- Case for Kit
- Partitioned rolling case