The third generation 4-Bay USB 3.0 Storage Array from Drobo is capable of holding up to four 3.5" SATA I/II/III hard disks from a variety of manufacturers, with differing capacities, speeds, and memory allocations. You can install each drive without the need for additional tools or accessories. Each drive bay is also hot-swappable allowing you to replace drives without shutting down your system.
The Drobo storage array comes equipped with one USB 3.0 port to plug it into Mac computers running Mac OS X 10.7. or higher, and Windows computers running Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit), or Windows 8/8.1 (32- or 64-bit). Once connected, you can take advantage of the HFS+ file system for use with Mac computers and the NTFS file system for use with Windows computers. Additionally, you can see the status of the Drobo as represented by the drive bay indicator lights, the capacity gauge, and status lights to ensure your Drobo is functioning properly.
This Drobo storage array comes compatible with Apple Time Machine allowing you to create complete system backups directly from your Apple computer. You can even allocate a specific amount of data you wish to use for each system backup. Additionally, the included Drobo Dashboard software provides an intuitive user interface to manage all aspects of your Drobo from monitoring the status of the drives, to administrative tasks, and more.
- Data Protection Made Simple
- This third generation Drobo storage solution is built upon the enhanced BeyondRAID technology. BeyondRAID can be configured to protect against one or two simultaneous drive failures with just one click, automatically protecting your data without any user intervention. In addition, you can purchase the capacity that you need now and increase space by adding drives into empty slots, or by swapping smaller drives with larger ones. When you do, the additional capacity is instantly available.
- Investment Plan
- You can increase drive capacities with no downtime by adding or swapping in larger drives. You can also seamlessly upgrade to the latest platform Drobo has to offer by removing the existing disk pack from your previous generation system and moving them to the new Drobo. Upgrading to the latest technology not only provides an instant performance boost, it also delivers all the new features and benefits offered by the new Drobo.
- Enhanced Time Machine Support
- Apple's Time Machine can consume all of the capacity of an external storage system without a simple way to set capacity limits. By utilizing Drobo Dashboard users can easily allocate a specific amount of capacity to be dedicated for backups and preserve the remaining space for data storage.
- Designed for You
- This Drobo device has been designed to provide high capacity without taking up a lot of desk space. Its compact design is made possible through the use of Drobo's carrier-less drive bay design allowing drives to be installed very close to each other.
- Power Protecting Your Critical Data
- With integrated battery backup technology your data in memory or cache is protected. When power spontaneously goes out, Drobo moves any in-flight data to onboard flash in your Drobo so it will be protected. The protected data will be moved to your disk drives once power is restored. This ensures your important information is safe and sound. Additionally, the battery recharges itself and is designed to last for the life of the Drobo.
- Drobo Dashboard
- Drobo Dashboard is the single tool used to centrally manage all of your Drobo devices. Drobo Dashboard displays status as if all of your Drobos were right in front of you with the same status lights and capacity gauges that are on the front panel. All administration tasks are a single click away.
- Integrated LEDs
- Lights on the front panel tell you what's happening. Each blue LED along the bottom represents 10% utilization letting you know exactly how much capacity is consumed. Green, yellow, or red LEDs keep you informed of each drive's status at all times. You can also take off the magnetic cover to see exactly what each LED indicator means.