The U.S. version of the unlocked, silver HTC One Max 32GB Smartphone may look like the HTC One M7, however it features a 5.9" Full HD, 1920 x 1080 resolution touchscreen display, compared to 4.7" on the M7. Other differentiating features of note include a microSDXC card slot, on top of the built-in 32GB, that will accept cards up to 64GB in capacity. And there is a biometric fingerprint sensor on the back, just below the rear-facing camera, allowing you to unlock the phone with a swipe.
The phone is powered by a 1.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor and has 2GB of RAM. An integrated micro-USB interface allows you to connect the phone to a computer, providing the fastest way to load and off-load large files, and also allowing you to recharge the phone from any device with USB bus power. Additionally, you can use the micro-USB port to connect an optional MHL adapter, available separately, for outputting video to an external display such as an HDTV.
Not only does the phone's 5.9" LCD screen with Gorilla Glass 3 protection facilitate watching HD video, the phone features a 4MP "UltraPixel" camera for making movies as well. The camera also takes stills at up to 2688 x 1520 resolution. The sensor uses a low megapixel count and 2 x 2 µm sized pixels to provide better low light performance compared to sensors of the same size at higher resolutions. There is also a 2.1-megapixel camera in the front for video chatting or taking self-portraits.
Bluetooth 4.0 is onboard for pairing with other Bluetooth-enabled devices. 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi is also integrated for high-speed Internet connectivity. Built-in NFC allows you to instantly connect to other NFC-enabled devices for content sharing, simply by tapping the two devices together. GPS with GLONASS is also on-board for using Google Location and Maps services. Additionally, the HTC One Max has an embedded 3300mAh battery that can deliver up to 25 hours of talk time.
- HTC UltraPixel Camera
- By keeping the megapixel count low, the HTC One Max's 4MP resolution rear camera is designed to capture 300% more light than traditional smartphone cameras, resulting in bright and vibrant images. It features a 1/3" CMOS sensor and an f/2.0 aperture designed to allow you to take photos with improved clarity, contrast, and detail. In addition to 4MP stills, the camera can also record up to 1080p, Full HD video.
- HTC Zoe with Sequence Shot
- By placing the Camera app in Zoe Mode, the phone automatically takes up to 20 photos and a 3-second video. This provides you not only a brief video clip to bring more life to your memories, but also allows you to select the best pose, even buffering for a second before you actually snap the shot. In group photos, you can even manipulate the sequence for individuals in the same shot independently in order to create a composite in which, for example, everybody is smiling. Other software features include Gallery with share, Continuous Shooting, and VideoPic. Image effects that you can apply include enhanced 360° panorama, time sequencing, object removal, and face scrubbing.
- HTC Video Highlights
- HTC Video Highlights automatically selects the highlights of an event to craft a 30-second show. No additional software is needed. You can even choose from music themes to add to the effect, and change the sequences. When you're done, the created movie can be shared with the press of a button.
- GSM / 4G LTE Wireless Connectivity
This phone is designed to work on select GSM networks and is 4G LTE capable. LTE is an advanced cellular network data protocol capable of data speeds so fast that they compete with wired broadband internet providers. With an LTE connection, this phone should have no problem streaming HD video, downloading apps, uploading photos, or anything else that requires a high-speed data connection. The phone is also backwards compatible with 3G and 2G data for instances when you can't get LTE. In addition to cellular wireless, this phone also features Bluetooth, NFC, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Note: Not compatible with all cellular networks. Please make sure your provider uses a frequency or band that this phone supports, and that they will allow you to used carrier unlocked phones. You can check which bands this phone works with in the Specifications.
- Android Jelly Bean 4.3 Operating System
- The Android operating system features a user-friendly interface, and is designed for intuitive multi-touch navigation. You can customize your home screen with frequently used apps and widgets, as well as create folders and shortcuts to things like system settings and bookmarked webpages. With the Android operating system you will also have access to the Google Play Store, which offers a vast library of apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. With native mass storage support, you can interface your Android device to a computer for file management and content sharing.
- Backside Fingerprint Sensor
- A sensor just below the rear-facing camera allows you to unlock the phone with the swipe of a finger.
- HTC Boomsound with Beats Audio
- The HTC One Max uses amplified front-facing stereo speakers designed to create a mini boombox in your pocket. In addition, high-fidelity audio processing provided by Beats Audio technology helps deliver bigger sound with less distortion and more detail.
- Gapless Construction
- The HTC One Max features a full metal body and zero gap construction. The tapered edges are designed to offer a comfortable grip.
- 5.9" Full HD Touchscreen Display
- The HTC One Max features Gorilla Glass 3 protection, which is designed to minimize glare and resist scratches. It features a 1080p (Full HD) native resolution and a pixel density of 373 ppi.
- 2.1MP Rear Camera
- In addition to the 4MP rear-facing main camera, for self-portraits, "usies", and video chat the phone features a 2.1MP front-facing camera located above the display. The camera features a wide angle lens with an 88° field-of-view and HDR capability.
- The HTC One Max features built-in GPS that can supply location data to pre-loaded as well as user installed Apps, including Android's own Google Maps.
- HTC Software Features
- HTC BlinkFeed: With HTC BlinkFeed, simply pick the social networks, news and feeds you want to stay updated on and they'll all stream live to your home screen. Your live home screen can contain the latest updates on your friends, photos, social networks, calendar events, sports teams, music, news, and more.
- Sense TV: With Sense TV, you can select TV channels, access program guides, adjust audio and more. Find your favorite shows, and it will notify you when they're on.
- Sense Voice: Relies on dual built-in microphones that detect loud ambient noise and will then dynamically boost the in-call voice to compensate.
- Additional Features
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX enabled
- DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer
- HTC Connect
- Supports consumer infrared remote controls