The 240GB Mercury Electra 6G Solid State Drive from Other World Computing comes compatible with both SATA 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s interfaces allowing you to plug this drive into a variety of PC configurations. Take advantage of a maximum read speed of 556 MB/s and maximum write speed of 523 MB/s over the included SATA connection to transfer data quickly and efficiently.
The Mercury Electra drive comes equipped with a SandForce 2281 series processor with 7% over provisioning for enhanced drive performance. Additionally, this drive also supports RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) technology and enhanced ECC functionality to protect your stored data.
- With DuraWrite you can extend the endurance of your solid state drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling
- Automatically distribute data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management
- Spread the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent "Recycling"
- Intelligent recycling is designed for advanced free space management as it gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- ECC Protection
- With ECC protection you benefit from longer data retention and drive life.