The B+W 40.5mm #29 Dark Red (091) MRC Filter is a basic contrast filter, primarily for use with black and white film. This dark red filter dramatically darkens skies, cuts through haze, and increases overall contrast. When compared to the red #25 filter, the #29 produces even darker, black skies and a more surreal contrast between foliage, clouds, and sky. There is an 8x filter factor with this filter, requiring an increase of 3 stops for normal exposure.
The Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) is both an anti-reflection coating as well as a protective surface. It helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, it offers greater protection to the filter substrate and stays cleaner for longer than uncoated filters.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Dark red contrast filter for black and white film dramatically darkens skies, cuts through haze, and gives greater contrast overall.
- Provides surreal contrast and results in very dark, almost black skies.
- Multi-Resistant Coating offers both protection to the glass and helps to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.