The B+W 82mm UV Haze Extra Wide MRC 010M Filter is a general use, clear filter that helps to absorb ultraviolet light and reduce the bluish cast of daylight. No additional coloration or contrast is provided, allowing you to pair this filter with others.
The UV filter is also useful as a general protective filter to leave on lenses at all times. Filters help to reduce dust and moisture from reaching your lens element and provide additional protection in case of drops or situations where scratching could occur.
The Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) is both an anti-reflection coating as well as a protective surface. It helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, it offers greater protection to the filter substrate and stays cleaner for longer than uncoated filters.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention. The extra wide filters feature an oversized ring that is much larger than the male threads for attachment to the lens. This oversized ring permits the use of glass that is also larger and helps to prevent vignetting when using wide angle lenses. Lens hoods should not be used in conjunction with extra wide filters as vignetting may occur.
- Absorbs UV light and reduces bluish cast of daylight.
- Clear filter provides no additional coloration or contrast, allowing you to pair this filter with others.
- General protection filter reduces dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements.
- Multi-Resistant Coating offers both protection to the glass and helps to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Extra wide filter ring provides room for a larger glass substrate and reduces vignetting when used with wide angle lenses.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.