The IL2500 is Norman's finest lamphead, featuring a maximum output of 2500 w/s. This unit is compact, highly efficient, and features thermostatic cutoff in case of a fan failure. It includes a quick disconnect cable, full vertical tilt capability, snap in arc-resistant connectors, high-impact 400° rated housing, a 20'cable, fan cooling, improved modeling accuracy, 115/230V operation, long-life UV coated quartz flashtube, easy-to-reach modeling lamp switch and numerous accessory items.
It is the ultimate lamphead for all Norman Series 900 power supplies; P12/12, P24/24, P40/40, P800D, P2000D and all previous Series 900 units. Plug in the FQ5-UV flashtube and use the IL2500 with all Norman studio reflectors. Spring pin mounted reflectors are "type 1" and the Illuminator precision-mounted reflectors are "type 2". Both types fit the Illuminator 2500. A power supply for this flash head is required.
- Compact Design
Tilt-control, and umbrella receptor located near each other.
The housing is also contoured to provide a built-in carrying handle.
- Easy to Control
- The moon-shaped housing enables this unit to tilt full vertical without obstruction from the bracket.
- Easily Replaceable Flashtube
- 2500w/s plug-in vented UV coated quartz flashtube.
- Fan Cooled
- Forced Air Fan cooling for better performance and longer life, especially when using softboxes.
- Removeable Reflector
- Both Type 1 and Type 2 Norman reflectors can be used
- Modeling Light
- Norman lampheads feature halogen modeling lights that burn brighter and last significantly longer than a non-halogen incandescent bulb.
- Long-Reaching Cable
- The 20' detachable cable included. Minimizes the need for extension cables. However, additional 20' cables may be added when the head is uesed at longer distances from the power pack.