The Beta 87 has consistently been a top choice of performers and audio technicians around the world due to its superb accuracy and detail, and rich vocal production. This long-standing favorite now features a new design and has been renamed the Beta 87A TM.
In response to user requests, Shure has redesigned this microphone by just slightly thickening the handle for a more comfortable feel when hand-held. In addition, the Beta 87A now includes the A25D break-resistant swivel adapter.
The Shure Model Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level (SPL) capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the "boomy" sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
- Supercardioid polar pattern remains uniform throughout the frequency range allowing higher gain before feedback and reduced background noise pickup.
- Wide dynamic range (113dB) and low distortion characteristics.
- Phantom powered, accepts voltages from 11 to 52 volts.
- Smooth frequency response 50 to 18 kHz with a gradual presence rise and minimal off-axis coloration.
- Low susceptibility to RFI, electrostatic and electro-magnetic hum.
- Advanced cartridge shock mount system reduces handling noise.