The EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Lens from Canon is an EF mount lens that employs a rear-focus telephoto optical design that delivers outstanding picture quality throughout its entire focusing range. This lens also uses two ultra-low dispersion glass elements to ensure maximum image sharpness and accurate color fidelity. Canon's advanced ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) and rear focusing design provide silent, smooth high speed autofocusing. Manual focus override allows you to fine tune focus in autofocus mode and focusing range limiter lets you adjust the range of focus to ensure faster autofocus speeds. Its minimum focus distance is 4.9'.
The EF 200mm f/2.8 II is fully compatible with the Canon EF1.4x II and EF2.0x II extenders. A dedicated, detachable lens hood and a detachable, rotatable tripod collar are supplied with the lens.
- Two UD Glass Elements
- Two UD-glass elements minimize aberrations and result in sharp pictures from corner-to-corner.
- Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor
- An Ultrasonic Autofocus Motor (USM) and rear focusing system provide fast, smooth and quiet autofocus.
- Focus Range Limiter
- On the EF 200mm f/2.8L II lens you can choose the focusing distance range with a switch on the lens barrel. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, actual autofocus time can be shorter. The two focusing ranges are 4.9' to infinity and 11.5' to infinity
- Manual Focus Override
- Full-time manual focus override allows you to use manual focus mode for precision focusing at any time, even when in autofocus mode.