The 2231 is a dual channel, 31 band 1/3 octave graphic equalizer with a difference. In addition to the usual features such as 45mm center detented sliders with selectable boost/cut range, high pass filters, active balanced input and output connections, variable input level controls, clip level indicators, and internal power supply, the unit provides both built-in noise reduction, and peak limiting.
The noise reduction is dbx's Type III, which can increases the signal to noise ratio of the 2231 by up to 20dB at the push of a button. For further enhancement, a PeakPlus limiter is included. Front panel 41-detent rotary controls vary the threshold of the limiter, while four-LED gain reduction bar graphs display the resulting effect of the process. Additionally, the unit has EQ bypass switches with LED indicator for each channel, is housed in an all-steel constructed 3U chassis, and is intended for installation in standard 19" equipment racks. The XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors use balanced, low noise circuitry, and barrier strips are provided for added convenience.
The 2231 is designed to work with a variety of input signal levels and may be used in applications such as live sound, recording studios, instrument racks, as well as any conventional fixed installation environment.
- Dual channel 31 band 1/3 octave graphic equalizer
- Type III Noise Reduction
- Instantly encodes/decodes at the push of a button
- PeakPlus Limiter
- With threshold range from 0dBu to +24dBu can transparently process the wildest hits or the subtlest nuances of any signal
- High-pass filters
- Selectable boost/cut range of 6dB or 15dB
- Variable input level controls
- Clip level indicators
- Balanced and unbalanced input and output connections