The #177 46mm Lens Size to 62mm Filter Size Step-Up Ring from Heliopan is a reliable and economical way to use filters. Using this ring saves you money since you won't have to buy the same filter two times for two different sized lenses. For example, a 46mm - 62mm Step-Up Ring would allow you to use 62mm filters on lenses with a 46mm front filter thread size. A series of these reasonably-priced adapter rings is far less expensive than buying the same filter in two sizes.
Heliopan has been a leader in the photo/filter industry since 1949. They are known for their high- quality and production standards. Heliopan offers a full range of brass adapter rings that are renowned for the durability and reliability. Less expensive stepping rings have a tendency to "jam" or jump threads. However, Heliopan brass adapters screw on and off with greater ease and demonstrate less chance of damage.
- Small, efficient way to save space and money at the same time
- Brass construction helps eliminate any possibility of jamming or becoming stuck on the lens
- Allows user to buy fewer filters but continue to shoot the images they want
- Heliopan has a reputation for producing quality photographic products that are time-tested and respected throughout the photographic community
- Heliopan also produces Step-Down Rings which allow smaller sized filters to be used on lenses with larger front filter thread sizes. For example, a 52-49mm Step-Down Ring would allow a 49mm filter to be used on a lens with a front filter thread size of 52mm. Care must be taken using Step-Down rings in order to avoid vignetting (darkening of the corners of the image)